zap zow

Old April 5th 08, 10:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ray

Default zap zow

New LBS has got going on east side of Melb at Ferntree Gully. The guys
there are quite friendly and have just given me a motorized bike to play
with. Longer and more detailed assessment may follow if enough people
are interested, and when I have time to write one.
First impressions, though, have been fun. Very laid back to ride, though
you're aware of the large weight of battery on the back when hitting a
bump.
Handling similar though not identical to heavy-load bikes of other
types, ie, full touring load or tandem. 200W motor has enough grunt for
1 in 20 incline, but a bit more laboured on 1 in 10. Will take it for a
few more runs during the week and see what comes up.
Cheers,
Ray
Old April 5th 08, 12:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2008-04-05, ray (aka Bruce)

Apropos of nothing but your name and subject line, I just finished
watching last nights' Dr Who, when the last remaining Dalek made an
appearance. And now I see a post titled "ray zap now".

--
TimC
'Vegetarian' -- it's an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'. -- Red Green