walk your dog on a unicycle?!?

Old August 28th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Falling4Fun

Default walk your dog on a unicycle?!?

I do as well. The neighbors get a kick out of it.

--
Falling4Fun
Old August 29th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

I usually use my 26 torker. It is just big enough to wear the dog out in
a mile and a half.

|Filename: DSC00097.JPG |

rem48
Old August 29th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

I don't think it would be too hard to do on a coker as long as you had a
dog with good leash skills. I don't really know what I'm talking about
though since I don't have a dog.

--
uniaddict

Savin $cash$ by commuting
'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
*85 foot coast!*
Old August 29th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
leo

her's some video's of walking the dog, and of powergliding behind a
dog:
http://tinyurl.com/5oaepw

--
leo

*+1 866-UNI-CYCL
'www.unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
'www.unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)*
Old August 30th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pseudonym

I used to walk my GSD whilst riding, but he was terrible on a lead.
Almost perfect behavior off lead though, so he just ran along side.

--
Pseudonym
Old August 30th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BillyTheMountain

It took a while to teach my dog Gala to run with me on my Coker. Her
chasing squirrels wasn't so bad when we got her and she was only 40
pounds, but now she's 55 pounds, and can really pull.

What's nice is that all NYC parks allows dogs off leash from 9 pm to 9
am, and from 7 am to 9 am it's a BIG gathering of dog people. I
unleash her and she runs with me down car-less paths like we're part of
the same pack.

On leash, it's a standard 4 mile ride, which is easier in the winter,
cuz summers in NYC are really HOT, even early in the morning,
especially since global warming has been taking over.

I'm glad to see so many of us running dogs while unicycling!!

--
BillyTheMountain

TEAM YAMS member
"'Coincidence' is the hobgoblin of those with no hope of finding an
explanation." --BillyTheMountain
http://www.1800genocide.com/ the first-ever anti-genocide hotline.
Old August 30th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sigve

i do it often on my 29".. my dog isn't very big but he's suprisingly
strong.. it's a basset.. in the forrest i ride with him unleashed.. but
in the streets leashed.. he's nice to ride with now.. in the start it
was a bit hard

--
sigve

_*i_like_unicycling*_*'' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOuODVDuzk)*
Old August 30th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

I do it regularly on my KH 20. Every post my dog sees, he stops and
takes a 2 second **** then goes to the next one. WHY DUZNT HE RELEASE
IT ALL!=0

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
Old August 30th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

lol. Unisykolist, I have never liked you.

Just learn to glide walking the dog like me. I can even do a pretty
decent, uh, "gliding stillstand" when he stops-and he likes to sniff
around for a bit.

--
nimblelight
Old August 30th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

WHY DUZNT HE RELEASE IT ALL!=

Because he's marking his territory, not just relieving himself.

--
StephenH