BR 20, viking initiated.

Old November 5th 04, 05:07 AM
Claes

Default BR 20, viking initiated.

DaveB Wrote:
Claes wrote:
Anyone up for it? Is 8.20 ok?

I'm there, but 7:20 preferred otherwise Sunday morning cycling
privileges may be revoked.

DaveB

Ok, I can do 7.20 if necessary, but would prefer 8.20, it will be dar
and
nasty when I leave at 6.20 from southbank I guess. But, I can do it
if necessary. I should say, if it is raining in the morning, I will no
go.
3.5 hours in rain is too much for me. Yeah, I know, I am soft

--
Claes

Old November 5th 04, 11:02 AM
Gags

"Claes" wrote in message

DaveB Wrote:
Claes wrote:
Anyone up for it? Is 8.20 ok?

I'm there, but 7:20 preferred otherwise Sunday morning cycling
privileges may be revoked.

DaveB

Ok, I can do 7.20 if necessary, but would prefer 8.20, it will be dark
and
nasty when I leave at 6.20 from southbank I guess. But, I can do it
if necessary. I should say, if it is raining in the morning, I will not
go.
3.5 hours in rain is too much for me. Yeah, I know, I am soft.
--
Claes

It is light enough not to need lights at 0620h. I rode to work this morning
in the rain on the SS Mountain Bike (followed Yarra Trail). On the way home
the water in the Yarra had come up and I was forced to detour around Dwights
Falls (which shat me) and then when I got to the bridge near the nursery on
Manningham Rd, the path was blocked again but I couldn't be arsed
backtracking. I went through the puddle (actually was where the river had
overflowed the bank) which was about 20m or so in length. Water went up and
just covered top tube at the deepest spot (it was hard work to pedal too).

I know that I will now have to repack all my bearings but I was planning on
doing it soon anyway and now it means I can't put it off any longer.
Obviously shoes and socks were soaked, but I figure that they have all
weekend to dry.

Ride On (rain or shine)

Gags

Old November 6th 04, 07:18 PM
flyingdutch

Gags Wrote:
"Claes" wrote in messag
..

DaveB Wrote
Claes wrote
Anyone up for it? Is 8.20 ok

I'm there, but 7:20 preferred otherwise Sunday morning cyclin
privileges may be revoked

Dave

Ok, I can do 7.20 if necessary, but would prefer 8.20, it will b

dar
an
nasty when I leave at 6.20 from southbank I guess. But, I can do i
if necessary. I should say, if it is raining in the morning, I wil

no
go
3.5 hours in rain is too much for me. Yeah, I know, I am soft
-
Clae

It is light enough not to need lights at 0620h. I rode to work thi
mornin
in the rain on the SS Mountain Bike (followed Yarra Trail). On the wa
hom
the water in the Yarra had come up and I was forced to detour aroun
Dwight
Falls (which shat me) and then when I got to the bridge near th
nursery o
Manningham Rd, the path was blocked again but I couldn't be arse
backtracking. I went through the puddle (actually was where the rive
ha
overflowed the bank) which was about 20m or so in length. Water wen
up an
just covered top tube at the deepest spot (it was hard work to peda
too)

I know that I will now have to repack all my bearings but I wa
planning o
doing it soon anyway and now it means I can't put it off any longer
Obviously shoes and socks were soaked, but I figure that they have al
weekend to dry

Ride On (rain or shine

Gags

Well. at 6:16am its damp surfaces but no rain. could it be another dr
one?
Stay tuned as our intrepid heroes battle against the odds in you
favourite bat-adventure..

--
flyingdutc

Old November 6th 04, 11:43 PM
hippy

"flyingdutch"
Well. at 6:16am its damp surfaces but no rain. could it be another dry
one?
Stay tuned as our intrepid heroes battle against the odds in your
favourite bat-adventure...

If you guys didn't get rained on today...
you should speak to the church and change
the name to HR 'Holy Ride'!

Glenvale Race Report:
Leave house, into the rain, arrive well-damp.
Chat for 30mins about mudguards, weather, etc
Ride home freezing, race cancelled, wise move.

soggy hippy

Old November 7th 04, 12:33 AM
flyingdutch

hippy Wrote:

If you guys didn't get rained on today...
you should speak to the church and change
the name to HR 'Holy Ride'!

Glenvale Race Report:
Leave house, into the rain, arrive well-damp.
Chat for 30mins about mudguards, weather, etc
Ride home freezing, race cancelled, wise move.

soggy hippy

oh yeah. we got wet. woulda turned round if the others werent there!
Was thinkin of you as we roled along and wondering wha
racing/cornering in those conditions would be like. oucheram

--
flyingdutch

Old November 7th 04, 04:01 AM
jazmo

flyingdutch Wrote:
oh yeah. we got wet. woulda turned round if the others werent there!
Was thinkin of you as we roled along and wondering wha
racing/cornering in those conditions would be like. oucherama

Checked out the weather radar this morning and thought "not too bad
only a few scattered showers" - I actually got ready, stepped out th
front door and noticed a fine drizzle falling. Stepped back in th
house and went back to bed. Hats off to you for braving it out ther
this morning.

Would've been pretty slick out at Glenvale Cres this morning

--
jazmo

Old November 7th 04, 05:35 AM
hippy

"jazmo"
flyingdutch Wrote:
oh yeah. we got wet. woulda turned round if the others werent there!
Was thinkin of you as we roled along and wondering what
racing/cornering in those conditions would be like. oucherama

Checked out the weather radar this morning and thought "not too bad,
only a few scattered showers" - I actually got ready, stepped out the
front door and noticed a fine drizzle falling. Stepped back in the
house and went back to bed. Hats off to you for braving it out there
this morning.

Would've been pretty slick out at Glenvale Cres this morning.

Yeah, there weren't many there! Maybe 10 riders showed from
8:30-9am and I saw a couple more riding towards Glenvale as
I travelled home. Poor Mal was looking a bit worse for wear
sitting in the car nursing a broken collarbone. Like I said, I
reckon he did the right thing by calling it off. The bunches are
crazy enough in the dry without adding slick corners to the mix!

hippy