What is the Link Between Engineers and Unicycles?

Old September 1st 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

Default What is the Link Between Engineers and Unicycles?

I wanted to be an engineer, but got into technical illustration
instead.
So I drew engines.

Does that count?

--
Into the blue

\"alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! you see this? this... is
my boom stick!\"
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

I want to be a physicist. Never fancied being an engineer, it's too
boring. Maybe that's why I'm such a great unicyclist.

--
ivan

Sledgehammer for Jebusentropy isn't what it used
to be.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
puresyn

Ironically, none of the riders that I know are engineers.

--
puresyn

Billy thinks I am a wimp, so then it must be true!
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

puresyn wrote:
Ironically, none of the riders that I know are engineers.

i'm a freshman getting collage credit in mathmatics this year, does
that count towards the "engineering" trend here?

--
hobo_chuck

'' (http://www.lost.eu/53187)its not easy being
gold!'' (http://www.lost.eu/53187)
THE BEST WAY TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS IS TO BRING THEM HOME.
-if you can read this, you're not the president-
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
martin.phillips

I'm a physicist, but nowadays I'm really a radiological engineer (that's
wot it says on my business card anyway). The only other unicyclist I
meet regularly with is also a physicist but he works in my team and I
like to think that I have helped make one less of them.

--
martin.phillips
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mafiamike

My Rigid Body Mechanics proffessor got way too excited to try it out
when I told him I unicycled.

--
mafiamike
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joseppi

Computer engineer

--
Joseppi

'Team Freestyle' (http://silentaftermath.com/)

'Team Roadshow' (http://teamroadshow.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
M.S. Patterson

Well, I WAS going to be a Biogeochemist.
But then i got an art degree. ;-D

But i am mechanically minded.
I do various kinds of metalwork (it's only a matter of time until
i've got enough equipment to build a uni frame) and also build computers
for fun.

mafiamike wrote:
I'm a Mechanical Engineering Major. Out of the 6 unicyclists that I know
that are in college, all 6 of them are some sort of Engineering major.
I did not meet them through school, I met them through unicycling. Who
else is in school for engineering or is actually a professional
engineer?

-Mike

Old September 1st 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mhall9150

I think there's something to this thread. I'm a facility engineer,
responsible for a 2-million square foot industrial manufacturing plant.
One of the electrical/controls engineers is a better unicyclist than
me, and one of the robotics engineers wants to learn. My brother is a
physicist, and he rides...

--
mhall9150
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dale_dale

My dads an engineer.

--
dale_dale

freedom of style
http://www.usenet.com

Why are Architects and Engineers Re-examining the WTC Collapses? War Office Australia 3 June 1st 07 02:44 AM
Colnago marketing needs to run this stuff by their engineers ... bdbafh Techniques 7 February 11th 07 02:01 PM
Engineers SteveA Australia 45 June 27th 05 04:23 AM
Traffic engineers: braindead? Rich UK 35 May 22nd 05 09:55 AM
Mechanical engineers in bike industry Mike V Techniques 77 December 8th 04 11:43 AM