What is the Link Between Engineers and Unicycles?

Old September 2nd 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mcnuggets300

Default What is the Link Between Engineers and Unicycles?

im thinking of being an engineer/electrical engineer
kinda regretting not doing engineering as an elective

--
mcnuggets300

New Qu-Ax Trials = Euphoric

~''~ Unicycle for the Flying Spaghetti Monster ~''~
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 2nd 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

"I personally believe that US Americans " engineers and programmers
"like such as in South Africa, and Iraq, everywhere like such as", have
careers with little if any positive feedback for their labors. "Over
here in the US, in the US, or South Africa, Iraq and the Asian
country's" the most positive feedback for innovative work to is to
enhance those idea's with requests leading to additional pressures for
more work. This reward system snowballs for those with these types of
careers "like such as" to become professional geeks, overly worked and
always focusing on how to best implement the next task, eventually
consuming their social lives.

The simple unconditional response such as 'That is Awesome' to unicycle
riding becomes addictive to the engineer, or "like such as", becomes a
simple joy. So seldom have they received positive praise without
additional demands made, they can not help but to hope to repeat this
experience. So they become hooked on unicycling.

"I believe that education over here in the US, should help the US or
should help South Africa, and should help Iraq and the Asians" by
promoting unicycling as a source for unconditional positive feedback to
these geeks "so we will be able to build up our future for our
children".

(I've been trying to improve my writing skills based on this role'
model' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww) )

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken ... I say it's a great exercise. They say it's a mid-life thing.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 2nd 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beginnerdad

Lacking the natural ability to grow a full set of antlers, engineers are
forced to develop unicycling skills in order to attract a mate. The
idea failed when one engineer carried the concept to far, offending his
potential mate with the gift of another appliance.
http://tinyurl.com/2gp7pr

--
beginnerdad
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 2nd 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

I sold a unicycle to an engineer. He had been threatening to make his
own. Then when I bought a coker he ambushed me and made me sell my 29er
to him. Recently I've regretted it and wanted a road 29er again so I've
had to buy another one. It's a hard life.

I hate maths. But my job does involve helping people to solve their
problems.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 2nd 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
M.S. Patterson

Chrashing wrote:
[...]

Oh, lord. That girl makes me despair for the future.
And i bet she can't ride a unicycle...

Why don't we ever see freestyle unicycling as the 'talent' part of a
beauty contest? That'd be awesome!
Old September 2nd 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Our little group is unofficially known as 'the engineering crew'. From
school, 2 mech eng, 1 engineering science and 1 computer engineer (and
a medic). We were riding together long before we chose out university
careers.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 2nd 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

Not to rain on the parade, but one of the things I like about unicycling
that is often ignored in the practice of engineering is the aesthetic
aspect. I think, ideally every engineer should care deeply about
merging form with function, but the reality is that the main goal of
engineering is usually to turn a profit regardless of form or function.
For me, unicycling is an escape from the seemingly mechanistic
engineering mindset.

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 3rd 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
qhxakg

M.S. Patterson wrote:

Why don't we ever see freestyle unicycling as the 'talent' part of a
beauty contest? That'd be awesome!

Karoi should do a beauty pageant. That would be awesome.

--
qhxakg

If somebody tells you your tricks are gay, ask them if they are an
expert in gay trickery.
-Ivan-
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 3rd 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sugarloafur

Mechanical Engineering major... a friend who unicycles is studying civil
engineering.

--
sugarloafur

"Friends don't let friends use training heels" - Andy Rosenberg

MY
GALLERY (\"HTTP://WWW.NOHILLNOTHRILL.COM/\")[/b]*WWW.KYLEWARRENPHOTOGRAPHY.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.KYLEWARRENPHOTOGRAPHY.COM/\")

*'www.bikeman.com' (http://www.bikeman.com) - 'KH24 for
$487.95' (http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking...BIKEUNI/UN2024) -
that's nearly[b] $90* cheaper than UDC!*
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 3rd 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Blegas78

qhxakg wrote:
Karoi should do a beauty pageant. That would be awesome.

Kaori was ranked as the sexiest girl at her highschool... three years
in a row.

--
Blegas78

Nothing is better than than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is
better than nothing, therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal
happiness.

"Rock Out Loud Yo!" -kid from Paper Bag Over the Head advertisement
http://www.usenet.com

Why are Architects and Engineers Re-examining the WTC Collapses? War Office Australia 3 June 1st 07 02:44 AM
Colnago marketing needs to run this stuff by their engineers ... bdbafh Techniques 7 February 11th 07 02:01 PM
Engineers SteveA Australia 45 June 27th 05 04:23 AM
Traffic engineers: braindead? Rich UK 35 May 22nd 05 09:55 AM
Mechanical engineers in bike industry Mike V Techniques 77 December 8th 04 11:43 AM