Was anyone looking for bulk tube patches?

Old April 4th 08, 12:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Default Was anyone looking for bulk tube patches?

I just bought a box of these 20mm ones, they look reasonable:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/_W0QQcolZ4...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They come with a decent-sized tube of rubber cement.

I also bought a pair of red "bullet" valve caps and a squeeze-bulb air
horn, for the wife's bike, honest! ;-)

BTH
Old April 4th 08, 12:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

BT Humble wrote:
I just bought a box of these 20mm ones, they look reasonable:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/_W0QQcolZ4...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They come with a decent-sized tube of rubber cement.

Huh, "This store does not exist".

Last time I got a good deal on substantial patches, I stopped getting flats
until the glue dried out in the tube and the patches started going flaky.
Then I got a flurry of flats. But whilst these things were sitting on the
shelf I think I got one flat in four years, so they were indeed a good
investment, even though I didn't get to use them.

Theo

Old April 4th 08, 02:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

http://stores.ebay.com.au/_W0QQcolZ4...80340QQftidZ2Q...

They come with a decent-sized tube of rubber cement.

Huh, "This store does not exist".

Bugger! Try this link, then look under "Puncture Repair Gear".

http://stores.ebay.com.au/bike-parts-plus-more

$14.60 for 100 patches, or $0.15 per patch. For myself it's more
about avoiding the mountains of little plastic boxes that pile up when
I buy the $2.50 8-patch kits from K-mart. ;-)

BTH
Old April 4th 08, 06:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

BT Humble wrote:

$14.60 for 100 patches, or $0.15 per patch. For myself it's more
about avoiding the mountains of little plastic boxes that pile up when
I buy the $2.50 8-patch kits from K-mart. ;-)

About 18 months ago, my little local Star supermarket 36 patches for
~$3.50c. Unfortunately not a regular item.