Best Of British

Old August 27th 05, 07:52 PM
KlownLife

Default Best Of British

Just a quick question, mainly for those british riders but this is also
an international question, who are the best riders in britain?
That is the most technical freestylers, the most extreme triallers and
any others.
Look forward to hearing everyones response,

Jas'o

--
KlownLife - The Bad Boy Of Uni

"Whoever Said The Darkside Was Dead?"
KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Old August 27th 05, 08:05 PM
kington99

Good question, i'd love to know the answer, i think cos no major DVDs
have been shot over here (part from one wheel no fear 1 +2 of course) we
don't really have the 'household' name riders that the Yanks do. Surely
there must be enough talent in the UK for a decent film?

--
kington99 - I HAVE figured out how to change th

Dave

Old August 27th 05, 08:07 PM
Loosemoose

Best place to start is the sponsored riders section of UDCUK... 'Here'
(http://www.unicycle.uk.com/aboutus.asp). Simon & Joe are Trials/Street,
Leigh is freestyle & Trevor used to do trials & street and moved onto
serious freestyle. And (not listed on the site) there's Amanda, who's a
really good freestylist (as we've all seen).

Then of course there's Roger himself who kind of does everything.
There's Kayleigh from Shooting Stars as well, she's a good
freestylist.

AFAIK There isn't a really well known Muniist in the UK, at least not in
the same way as KH is known.

Please feel free to append, modify & abuse these opinions .

Loose.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old August 27th 05, 08:10 PM
kington99

I suggest Nick Molesworth, he'll do anything to be popular.

Old August 27th 05, 11:04 PM
johnhimsworth

The problem (if it counts as one) over here is that we're all far too
British. There are plenty of people who are really, really good riders,
but we just don't go on about it as much - no one wants to cause a
fuss.

John

--
johnhimsworth - Nullus Anxietas

What if the hokey cokey really is what it's all about?
johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788

Old August 28th 05, 01:06 AM
joemarshall

I think there's an issue with riding styles in muni as far as videos,
publicity etc goes. A lot of people here are more into flowing riding,
riding uphill and downhill and riding really fast rather than all hoppy
riding and only riding downhill. That's much much harder to film than
the sort of thing on most of the US videos. Only that video the other
day from New Zealand has had any good filming of proper muni riding.

There is also the thing that most of the really good riders, like Joe
Baxter and Roger seem to be pretty laid back and in it for the riding,
rather than fussed about filming stuff.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album483

Old August 28th 05, 08:33 PM
rogeratunicycledotcom

Loosemoose wrote:
*

AFAIK There isn't a really well known Muniist in the UK, at least not
in the same way as KH is known.
*

I am not sure if I agree with you totally, you are using a word (Muni)
coined by Duncan Castling who is British. Britain was also one of the
countries where Muni began and certainly where it first got acclaim.
When it comes to competing at Muni we don't do too badly either. But
I guess we are not known by most of the youngsters about because as Joe
says, we don't put things on film.

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Old August 28th 05, 08:37 PM
James_Potter

Trevor, who posts as unicycleboy on these forums (or used to), is a very
very good freestylist from Britain.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

James Potter for president 2008

Old August 30th 05, 05:26 PM
sarah.miller

Its just not the done thing to brag about ones riding ability.

The UK certainly does have its share of excellent riders, not may of
them chose to appear on film or to compete internationaly. The first
24 hour race uniriders were british (Red Bull Mountain Mayhem 2000) ,
some of the first muni riders to compete AGAINST bike riders and do
quite well were brits (Polaris MTB multiday orienteering events).

Sarah
Naming no nanes

--
sarah.miller - SWUM unicyclist

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old September 7th 05, 10:10 PM
KlownLife

So now that we have narrowed that down, how many of you think its a good
idea for some of us to get together and make a UK video?
Lets start of simply first, down worry about costs of production or
anything like that, but who thinks it is possible and who thinks it is a
good idea?

jas'o