bents: saving your butt

Old June 28th 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default bents: saving your butt

gotbent aka FRVT Rider wrote:
[...]
Stein trikes in Germany builds full suspension tadpoles. (link
http://tinyurl.com/orh72). I don't have any experience with Stein, but there
are some You-Tube videos of them in action.

Actually, Robert Stein is in S&M [1], not Germany:
http://www.steintrikes.com/.

[1] Serbia & Montenegro (aka "rump" Yugoslavia), not sadism & masochism
- what where you thinking, you pervert!

Old June 30th 08, 08:44 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Clinch

DougC wrote:

There are lots of suspension recumbents available, although the prices
go skyward pretty quick. And I don't know of any suspended delta trikes
right off.

Hase Lepus, a Kett with extras: see http://kinetics.org.uk/html/lepus.shtml

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old June 30th 08, 11:58 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

Peter Clinch wrote:
DougC wrote:

There are lots of suspension recumbents available, although the prices
go skyward pretty quick. And I don't know of any suspended delta trikes
right off.

Hase Lepus, a Kett with extras: see http://kinetics.org.uk/html/lepus.shtml

I think they have a Lepus version called comfort which has extra
suspension? I saw and tried one a few weeks ago at a recumbent club
meeting. It had 2 wheels infront and was quite low.

JonB
Old June 30th 08, 12:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Peter Clinch wrote:
DougC wrote:

There are lots of suspension recumbents available, although the prices
go skyward pretty quick. And I don't know of any suspended delta trikes
right off.

Hase Lepus, a Kett with extras: see
http://kinetics.org.uk/html/lepus.shtml

I think they have a Lepus version called comfort which has extra
suspension? I saw and tried one a few weeks ago at a recumbent club
meeting. It had 2 wheels infront and was quite low.

I forgot to mention a tinker possibility if you want to
build it yourself.

get a cruzbike [free|sof]rider or the cruzbike kit. Remove
the rear wheel and build something with 2 rear wheels next
to each other. If you dont want to build too much, then get
a 2 wheeled and solid trailer and somehow connect it to the
front of the freerider.

Brakes should be there for legal reasons, but in reality the
rear wheel brake is not worth much on my freerider.

The yahoo cruzbike group may have some picture gallery of how
to do this as well as some text.

The model i have on my mind for this bike is the one from apax.ca

JonB
Old June 30th 08, 03:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Clinch

Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Peter Clinch wrote:
DougC wrote:

There are lots of suspension recumbents available, although the prices
go skyward pretty quick. And I don't know of any suspended delta trikes
right off.

Hase Lepus, a Kett with extras: see
http://kinetics.org.uk/html/lepus.shtml

I think they have a Lepus version called comfort which has extra
suspension? I saw and tried one a few weeks ago at a recumbent club
meeting. It had 2 wheels infront and was quite low.

Have a look at http://www.hasebikes.com/2-1-startseite-aktuelles.html to
see the differences. Neither are tadpoles though (2 wheels in front).

Pete.
Old June 30th 08, 04:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Peter Clinch wrote:
DougC wrote:

There are lots of suspension recumbents available, although the prices
go skyward pretty quick. And I don't know of any suspended delta trikes
right off.

Hase Lepus, a Kett with extras: see
http://kinetics.org.uk/html/lepus.shtml

I think they have a Lepus version called comfort which has extra
suspension? I saw and tried one a few weeks ago at a recumbent club
meeting. It had 2 wheels infront and was quite low.

I can see i was very unclear. The trike i tried was NOT a Hase,
but a different manufacturer and a model with 2 wheels in front.
Hase has 1 wheel in front and 2 in the back.

bents: saving your butt [email protected] Recumbent Biking 10 July 9th 08 12:28 AM
Nice butt! Dan H Marketplace 1 February 9th 06 07:10 AM
Butt pain John L. Lucci Techniques 12 March 26th 05 11:55 AM
Ed is the butt of the joke. Howard Recumbent Biking 1 March 13th 04 02:58 AM