London

Old July 15th 05, 07:56 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:35:23 GMT, "The Airman"
wrote:

Too bad we have to be the "world's policeman"..

Well, the world's protection racket, maybe...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Let’s have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck
in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle."
- Earl Blumenauer
Old July 15th 05, 08:38 PM
Cheto

"The Wogster" wrote in message

So what should America for example do, out of every 1,000,000 muslims, the
number of terrorists is probably under 10.

Although I'm sure the number is higher than that, the number of Muslims who
condone and support terrorism is MUCH higher.

The tricky part in dealing with it, is how do you find the 10, without
being uncivilized to the other 999,990.

Unfortunately, you can't. Innocent people always suffer in war.

Cheto

Old July 15th 05, 10:30 PM
ForREAL

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:19:27 -0400, The Wogster
wrote:

While they may *deserve* to die, you need to remember that the UK is a
civilised country, and that civilised countries don't use government
sactioned murder to deal with their problem residents.

Unless London gets bombed "Enough".
In which case Dresden, etc, were burned to the bedrock.

Old July 16th 05, 03:43 AM
The Airman

You don't even deserve an answer. Coward.
"Rich" wrote in message
The Airman wrote:

You obviously never served in the military...

Correct. And therefore no deprogramming is necessary for me. :-)

Old July 16th 05, 05:50 AM
Mike Latondresse

The Wogster wrote in
:

Question though, is America the "world's policeman", no, they are
only interested in policing aspects where their own interests are
at heart. A good example is Yugoslavia, lots of war, but hey that
was Europes problem, and America stayed completely out of it.
Funny thing is, Europe dealt with it fine...snip

I think you had better read up on that again.
Old July 16th 05, 03:35 PM
The Wogster

Rich wrote:
The Wogster wrote:

The Airman wrote:

By using horror to fight horror.

You can't use "civilized" methods to fight people who are'nt.

So what should America for example do, out of every 1,000,000 muslims,
the number of terrorists is probably under 10.

Why are you only considering Muslims? Timothy Mcveigh was not a muslim,
was he?

That's why I used the word example, there are all kinds of terrorists.
However it really depends on who is speaking, I am sure in Saddam
Husseins mind George Bush is a terroris.

Old July 19th 05, 03:14 AM
Mark Hickey

Mike Latondresse wrote:

The Wogster wrote in
m:

Question though, is America the "world's policeman", no, they are
only interested in policing aspects where their own interests are
at heart. A good example is Yugoslavia, lots of war, but hey that
was Europes problem, and America stayed completely out of it.
Funny thing is, Europe dealt with it fine...snip

I think you had better read up on that again.

You're replying to a guy who thinks the US "lost" the first Gulf
War... I don't think reading is gonna help.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old July 19th 05, 03:30 PM
Rich

Mark Hickey wrote:

You're replying to a guy who thinks the US "lost" the first Gulf
War... I don't think reading is gonna help.

The Gulf War is one of the big things that got Bin Laden mad (he didn't
like so many US soldiers in Saudi Arabia), and he subsequently planned
the 9/11 attacks, which resulted (unfortunatly) in our invasion of Iraq,
which has cost us dearly in terms of life and money, and will continue
to do so for the forseeable future.

So it's possible what we call the "Gulf war", was just one battle in a
larger war which we may in fact not win.

Rich

P.S. I was all for "The Gulf War", and all for invading Afganistan, but
thought Iraq was (and still is) a foolish mistake.
Old July 19th 05, 07:54 PM
Cheto

"Rich" wrote in message

So it's possible what we call the "Gulf war", was just one battle in a
larger war which we may in fact not win.

I think you're absolutely right. It's a religious/cultural war between
Islam and western civilization and the sooner we all realize it, the better.

The deep difference between the two cultures in their normative conception
of war for religion exemplifies the difficulty of finding common ground:
while the West, rejecting holy war for theological, psychological,
political, and later philosophical reasons, sees in jihad a threat to
civilization itself, traditional Islamic culture finds in the Western
concept of the secular state, the very political institution which makes
holy war unthinkable, an offense to God's will for the right ordering of
human community.

The Holy War Idea in Western and Islamic Traditions
by James Turner Johnson

Cheto

Beginning in London nsj UK 24 September 25th 05 09:21 AM
London Track MyFirstname MyLastName Racing 0 April 15th 05 03:38 PM
In the News: £22m cycling centre for London Jason Spaceman Racing 0 February 16th 05 11:51 AM
London design Standards for Cycling Jeremy Parker UK 3 February 3rd 04 06:19 PM
Bicycling In London AMollitor General 2 September 21st 03 08:34 AM