Would you pay $10,000 to ride with Lance?

Old November 3rd 03, 08:04 PM
Mark Hickey

Default Would you pay $10,000 to ride with Lance?

Kevan Smith wrote:

On 31 Oct 2003 07:47:30 -0800, (Art Harris) from
http://groups.google.com wrote:

That's the minimum bid on eBay to take part in a MTB ride with Mr.
Armstrong. The ride (in Los Angeles) is limited to 25 participants.

Some people have more money than sense.

I suspect that may be true for you too (but only if you're broke)...

;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old November 3rd 03, 08:41 PM
David Reuteler

Kevan Smith wrote:
: I am broke. Send me lots of money and I won't post for a month. Ah, capitalism!

how much would it take?
--
david reuteler

Old November 3rd 03, 10:43 PM
Memphmann

jhuskey wrote:

I getting a slight hint you don't like our man Lance. The next thing
we know you will tell us you don't like George Bush. When will the
madness end?

LA seems like a cool dude. To pay that much just to ride besde him seems
moronic. Also, only the rich would get this chance. Not the average blue
collar fan. Sure the $$ may go to a good cause, but LA is putting down
the average fan........

Memph

--
Lonewolf, the pack hunter....

Old November 4th 03, 01:14 AM
Zoot Katz

4 Nov 2003 09:34:00 +1050, ,
Memphmann wrote:

Who the heck is Fabrizzio?????

Memph

Mr. Mazzoleni to you.
--
zk
Old November 4th 03, 02:57 AM
Mike Kruger

What do I get besides the fact of riding with LA? Even if I was rich
beyond belief, I would not pay this. ...

Maybe if it was riding with top females. Atleast you get some eye candy,

Ah, time to reprise that picture from the Queen album:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dgiam...phics/race.jpg

(warning: this poster from the musical group Queen's Jazz album contains
nudity)

Old November 4th 03, 09:48 AM
W K

"jhuskey" wrote in message

If I were rating the person I think would be the coolest companion on a
ride I would say Robin Williams.

There was a quote from a moderately famous man's (non famous) mother, who
met him at some sort of garden party.
'he didn't actually go "nanoo nanoo", but he may as well have done'.
I don't actually dislike him, but would not like to do a century ride with
him.

If I was going to pay anyone it'd be chris boardman as my stoker.

65 mile ride, my problems, etc. [long, you probably don't care, etc] Rick Onanian General 46 August 21st 03 12:53 PM
Bonking and food for a ride Sandy Christmus General 38 August 9th 03 08:44 PM
SF Willie Brown to Receive NBG, Berkeley Mayor to ride with NBG Just a Cyclist General 1 August 7th 03 05:00 PM
Group ride questions Ken General 4 July 24th 03 01:05 AM
Ride well out into the lane where the cars go? Tanya Quinn General 3 July 10th 03 03:52 AM