No more Vredestein recumbent tires?

Old January 8th 04, 06:59 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default No more Vredestein recumbent tires?

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 02:08:42 -0500, Freewheeling
wrote:

I thought (and still do) that your actions were
very revealing of character. An honorable person would have sold those
remaining tires at a fair price without additional mark-up.

That's rather harsh isn't it Cletus?

Or maybe he thinks that antiques should be sold at their original list
prices? ;-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 8th 04, 09:24 PM
Eddie H

Default Cletus and Zach (was: No more Vredestein recumbent tires?)

Thanks, Zach, I'll be in touch soon, though not at the East Bay Ride
this month after all (snowboarding, instead).

BTW, $30 is what I paid my LBS the last time I ordered the 406
S-licks.
What is all this about price-gouging anyway?

(Zach Kaplan Cycles) wrote in message . com...
I have the S-Licks you are looking for in stock for $30 each.

Zach Kaplan

Old January 8th 04, 09:36 PM
Eddie H

Ed, "bandwidth" was a metaphor. Don't be so serious :-)

What I tried to convey is that out of 9 or so postings to this thread
only Zach came through with needed help.

BTW, it's interesting that "Pinhead" also signs himself off as
"Dip****"...
low self-esteem perhaps :-)

(Edward Dolan) wrote in message . com...
What is this mania about wasting bandwidth anyway? Maybe some computer nerd could explain it to me.

I just recently read a report that ISPs are having all their bandwidth
taken up by kids downloading and uploading music and porn, something like 90% and going ever upward. I do not think our little messages back and forth here on ARBR can be having much of any impact in the overall scheme of things.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old January 9th 04, 02:27 AM
Victor Kan

Default Comp Pool Tires

mike s wrote:
would just urged me to change. Will probably change out the tandem
tires too when I can find a good replacement which will give me close
to the performance I am now getting since the tandem really
exacerbates slow speed riding conditions. Any thoughts?

Unless you object to Comets, they are available in wide widths. If I
recall some test result charts floating around the net, Comets are light
and have low RR, but are reputedly fragile. I see that recumbent shops
are carrying up to the 1.9 now, and some BMX mail order sites seem to
have 1.95 and 2.1 sizes. Maybe a fat Comet with Kevlar belt is just the
thing?

I have had zero flats with Avocet Freestyle slicks in about 1500 miles
on my Trimuter tadpole (406mm all around), which with me, my gear and
tools is probably ~280lbs total, perhaps not quite tandem weight. I
always pump them up to 90psi before I ride. On my route, there are no
evil goat heads or stuff like that, but lots of rocks, potholes and
occasionally glass.

Gaerlan has them for ~$25:
http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/par.../wheelbmx.html

Hostel Shoppe has the newer, blackwall version for $24:
http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/...ory=1049413514

My front tires have a flat profile about an inch wide worn on them, but
haven't started showing any casing yet.

The front right tire is a bit more beat up (as you'd expect on a tadpole
ridden on the right side of the road) and has a cut or two, but no
problems yet.

These are the only tires I've ever had on the trike, so I can't compare
them to anything else for performance. If I recall from that same test
chart, Freestyles were pretty good as far as RR goes, though not as good
as Comp Pools or Comets.

--
I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

Vredestein B-each tires. Max General 3 May 20th 04 05:03 PM
recumbent frustration Cletus Lee Recumbent Biking 48 July 14th 03 12:00 PM