A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I did it again! Tubukar tire mounted onto a CLINCHER rim.

Old June 9th 19, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot
external usenet poster

Default I did it again! Tubukar tire mounted onto a CLINCHER rim.

I went for a long tour today and because I didn't really trust my front tire, actually the tube, I decide to take a spare TUBULAR tire to put on if the clincher tube deflated. Funny, the tire and tube lasted until the end of the ride but the tire was soft after I came out from eating lunch supplied as part of the tour cost. SO, got a repair person to pump up the tire and sure enough we could hear the air hissing out. I had to go back inside to see about a lost glove. When I came out the tire was so soft that control was nearly impossible whilst riding. I took off that tire and tube, put the tubular tire on and pumped it up and then rode home. Once again a tubular tire worked really well on a CLINCHER rim - enough to get me home anyway. I'm going to the shop to get a couple of new clincher tires tomorrow. Oh, he guy from the shop who was at the tour even offered to drive me and the bike home. had I not needed to search for the missing glove I'd probably taken him up on the offer. That's what I call service!

Cheers
Ads