Kunich's Awesome Resume

Old March 8th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default Kunich's Awesome Resume

In article .com,
" wrote:

On Mar 7, 2:31 pm, "Bret" wrote:
On Mar 7, 1:05 am, "
wrote:

I learned to program on a TI-57:
http://www.datamath.org/Sci/MAJESTIC/TI-57.htm

It has 50 program steps, about as many as Kunich,
but is significantly more flexible. Bob, if you're
serious about releasing the source, I could try
porting him.

Ben
LRN RCL 1 x^2 - 4 x RCL 0 x RCL 2 = SQRT STO 4 - RCL 1
= / 2 / RCL 0 R/S RST

I had one of these too. As they got older the keyboard would get a lot
of switch-bounce errors which could really mess up your programs. My
TI-57 could get pretty cranky but it wasn't a wingnut.

Ours did too to some extent. Some time probably between
5 and 10 years after we bought it, TI wrote to us and said
the keypads had this problem and if we sent it back
they would ship a replacement - even though it was long
out of warranty. The replacement does still work, years
later.

It isn't a real programmable calculator, but I got one of these Rockwell RD64s back
in '76. I still use the thing daily (the '6' key is sort of uncooperative now).

http://www.vintage-technology.info/p...ckwell64rd.htm

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old March 8th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Mar 7, 1:42 pm, ST wrote:

Is that all you are going to do?? I can find **** on the internet all day
that shows Art Bell is a ****in God!

Goddamm, you're stupid -

I've posted 3 things:

1) a post where Kunich claims to be an expert in seismology
2) a post where Kunich claims that a tsunami is impossible in the
lower 48 States of our country
3) references to sites by the US and Canadian governments about the
Cascadia Subduction Zone

If you read those sites, you'd know that a subduction zone is a type
of fault that causes tsunamis if the fault is in an oceanic region of
the earth.

Here's another one by the US Geologic Survey. I believe the USGS
before I believe Kunich. The point of all this was to illustrate that
everytime Kunich claims to be an expert on something, it probably
means he doesn't know what he's talking about.

BTW, I don't claim to be an expert on seismology. I do, however,
believe expert references like people employed by the USGS.

From:
http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/tsunami/cascadia.html

The Pacific Northwest is the site of the Cascadia subduction zone,
where an oceanic tectonic plate (the Juan de Fuca plate) is being
pulled and driven (i.e., subducted) beneath a continental plate (the
North American plate). Earthquakes along the fault that is the contact
between the two plates, termed the interplate thrust or megathrust,
may generate significant local tsunamis in the Pacific Northwest.

Except for the M=7.2 1992 Cape Mendocino earthquake at the
southernmost part of the subduction zone, there have been no major
earthquakes on the megathrust in historic time. Does this mean that
the two plates are sliding past each other freely without generating
earthquakes? This would make the Cascadia subduction zone unlike most
other subduction zones around the world. Rather, geologic evidence is
accumulating that the Cascadia subduction zone is poised between major
earthquakes. Therefore, the possibility exists that local tsunamis may
someday accompany a major earthquake along the Cascadia megathrust.

snipend

Old March 8th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
.
com,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article .com,
" wrote:

On Mar 7, 2:31 pm, "Bret" wrote:
On Mar 7, 1:05 am, "
wrote:

[...]

I had a Corvus RPN calculator. It was great. Used a
Mostek chip set. Rectangular-polar conversion,
`statistics function', inverse hyperbolic functions.
Replaced with a HP41 when stolen.

--
Michael Press
Old March 8th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
et,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Bill C" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 6, 7:08 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"ST" wrote in ...

You guys play a mean game of manly-man semantics'......

I like the way that these guys pretend to know what they're talking about
and then if you confront them with citations they come back that I'm the
one
acting as a know-it-all.

I suppose this is the sort of thing that we see in them with the racing
stuff as well. They're all experts on stuff they know nothing about.

But Tom, How come ONLY your chosen experts have any clue, and the rest
of the vast majority are just liars, hacks, and incompetents?

Here's a clue for you - you're the horses asses who seem to believe that
your ideas are infallible. When confronted with a different opinion you
can't handle it.

Sort of like your crying about the Walter Reed Hospital when the VA Hospital
system was taken apart and all of the retired guys were handed something
similar to Medicaid in the Clinton administration. Wow am I surprised you
missed that.

I remember when they closed the Navy hospital up the hill.

--
Michael Press
Old March 9th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Mar 7, 5:46 am, "Bill C" wrote:

I actually voted for this pinhead the first time. He didn't quite
turn out to be what he claimed to be before the first election
either.

The implication and counter to this is that you believe there is a way
to vote well. "Kveck v. Kunich" does not cancel.

http://www.cato-unbound.org/2006/11/...rational-voter

Democracy is a fool's game. The most basic problem is neither
"rational ignorance" nor "irrationality." The problem is that
sufficient number of voters will *never* have the resources available
to make a truly informed vote.

Frederic Bastiat was French, btw.

Old March 10th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Stu Fleming

"Related to the above I got this mail today:

Subject: States Using New Powers?

Dear Jerry,

Do you really believe that any of the states would use additional
powers any more intelligently or kindly than the Feds? When they passed
seat belt laws and motorcycle helmet laws that was proof positive that
fascism was the rule and not the exception.

Tom Kunich

The point of Federalism and leaving such matters to the States is that
some will go one way, some another. Some will have enormous inheritance
taxes, some will have none. Some may even try self government if freed
from Federal interference and "incentives". The more local such laws
are, the better. This was the original scheme of the Framers, who were
quite aware that government and bureaucracy tends to creep and grow and
take over more and more of people's lives. The working of Pournelle's
Iron Law of Bureaucracy sees to that.

The point of localism is that there will be pockets of freedom, and
those tend to show by example that there are alternatives to the Nanny
State and bureaucratic control of people's lives.

Incidentally, anyone who equates seat belts and motorcycle helmets and
the other nuisances of the Nanny State with Fascism doesn't know much
about Fascism; alas, much of our intellectual class, knowing no history
that didn't come from the History Channel (if that much), seems to
believe this sort of thing. Actually don't believe it: I doubt that Mr.
Kunich actually equates requiring child seats in cars with concentration
camps and "Everything for the State; nothing against the State" and
other such Fascist ideals; but they act as if they believe it."
http://www.jerrypournelle.com/view/view456.html
Old March 10th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Stu Fleming" wrote in message
"Related to the above I got this mail today:

You know Stu, since you live in a nanny-state you probably have missed the
fact that nanny-state laws are fomented strictly to train their citizens
that the State Knows Best. If the perception of its citizens was that
motorcycle helmets or seatbelts were a safer way to go, the government
wouldn't need laws that allow the police to arrest you.

The difference between a fascist government and a government based on human
rights is that one tells you what to do and the other tries to convince you.
Now explain mandatory helmets laws for cyclists in New Zealand - was did it
cost the citizens and what did it save them?

The problem with people not recognizing fascism is that it was defined in
the mold of Nazism or the Italian Fascism which spread over a few other
countries and was founded on strong military patriotism and persecution of
a religous or racial minority.

The purpetrators of today's fascism know better than to do that. But that
doesn't mean that their goals aren't the same - the control of the masses
through fear of minorities. The approval of the masses for perceived
punishments of these minorities by force of law. The NECESSITY for "leaders"
to lead these masses. And the acts of these "leaders" to exploit the
groundless fears of the masses for such control.

There is absolutely no need for motorcycle helmet laws since these helmets
make no statistical difference in the numbers of fatalities. But since the
masses perceive motorcyclists as anti-social they find a special joy in
demanding obeisance from these minorities. And slowly more and more minority
groups are generated - those who do not wear seat belts. Those who do not
wear bicycle helmets. Tell me - why is it that it is almost impossible to go
for a ride without a bicycle helmet without even other riders commenting on
it?

The really sad thing is that people do not recognize one of the prime
driving mechanisms behind fascism - Organized Propaganda.

The creation of social mythology that venerates (creates saints of) one
element of society while concurrently vilifying (dehumanizing) another
element of the population through misinformation, misdirection and the
obscuring of factual matter through removal, destruction or social
humiliation, (name-calling, false accusations, belittling and threats). And
the squelching of public debate not agreeing with the popular agenda via
slander, libel, threats, theft, destruction, historical revisionism and
social humiliation. Journalists in particular are terrorized if they
attempt to publish stories contrary to the agenda.

Consider the "threat" of global warming, the attack against the response to
terrorism and the almost continuous cry that we are going to all die from a
lack of energy.

Old March 11th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Tom Kunich wrote:
You know Stu, since you live in a nanny-state you probably have missed the
fact that nanny-state laws are fomented strictly to train their citizens
that the State Knows Best.

So why don't they ban closet relationships with sheep ?

Old March 11th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 10, 4:54 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

There is absolutely no need for motorcycle helmet laws since these helmets
make no statistical difference in the numbers of fatalities. But since the
masses perceive motorcyclists as anti-social they find a special joy in
demanding obeisance from these minorities.

Bravo, Tom Kunich. Nutshell. Austin is going to have a MHL for
cyclists again. The fix is in (including a phony, self-serving "study"
at the local trauma hospital).

And slowly more and more minority
groups are generated - those who do not wear seat belts. Those who do not
wear bicycle helmets. Tell me - why is it that it is almost impossible to go
for a ride without a bicycle helmet without even other riders commenting on
it?

Well, for one thing, it's rare to see someone without a helmet amongst
"roadie" riders. But your point is valid.

The really sad thing is that people do not recognize one of the prime
driving mechanisms behind fascism - Organized Propaganda.

The creation of social mythology that venerates (creates saints of) one
element of society while concurrently vilifying (dehumanizing) another
element of the population through misinformation, misdirection and the
obscuring of factual matter through removal, destruction or social
humiliation, (name-calling, false accusations, belittling and threats). And
the squelching of public debate not agreeing with the popular agenda via
slander, libel, threats, theft, destruction, historical revisionism and
social humiliation. Journalists in particular are terrorized if they
attempt to publish stories contrary to the agenda.

You mean like with the "war" (invasion of) Iraq?

Leave the shades up and the windows open, TK. You were doing great
there. We love you, don't forget. --D-y

Old March 12th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article nk.net, "Tom
Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

The really sad thing is that people do not recognize one of the prime

driving mechanisms behind fascism - Organized Propaganda.

The creation of social mythology that venerates (creates saints of) one
element of society while concurrently vilifying (dehumanizing) another
element of the population through misinformation, misdirection and the
obscuring of factual matter through removal, destruction or social
humiliation, (name-calling, false accusations, belittling and threats). And
the squelching of public debate not agreeing with the popular agenda via
slander, libel, threats, theft, destruction, historical revisionism and
social humiliation. Journalists in particular are terrorized if they
attempt to publish stories contrary to the agenda.

You're correct on all of that. However, I'd say that your idea of who
is a propagandizer is very different than mine. A quick sampling he

http://noquarter.typepad.com/my_webl...ws_crazy_.html

virtual resume MagillaGorilla Racing 11 January 15th 07 12:55 AM
GFotPF is desirable on a resume?? [email protected] Racing 0 January 2nd 07 12:37 AM
Waiting On Tommy Kunich's Proof B. Lafferty Racing 13 July 4th 06 11:59 AM