Hope it doesn't catch on over here

Old December 17th 04, 05:11 PM
Mark McN

Default Hope it doesn't catch on over here

Duct taping bikes, e.g.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tensafefrogs/1807500/

Googling reveals several more. What's going on?

--
Mark, UK.
We hope to hear him swear, we love to hear him squeak,
Old December 17th 04, 06:59 PM
Succorso

Mark McN wrote:
Duct taping bikes, e.g.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tensafefrogs/1807500/

Googling reveals several more. What's going on?

A friend of mine locked his bike up in Norwich some time back, and when
he returned to it, some nice person had added several large chains with
about a dozen different padlocks on them - haha, very funny.

As far as I know, his bike is still there!

--
Chris
Old December 17th 04, 07:34 PM
Andrew Chadwick

On 2004-12-17 17:11 +0000, Mark McN wrote:
Duct taping bikes, e.g.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tensafefrogs/1807500/

Googling reveals several more. What's going on?

Hmm. Cube sculpture, Astor Place, New York USA? That reminded me of
http://www.alltooflat.com/pranks/cube/. I think we have before-and-after
pictures of the bike here at the very least.

--
Andrew Chadwick
Old December 17th 04, 09:29 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Succorso wrote:

A friend of mine locked his bike up in Norwich some time back, and when
he returned to it, some nice person had added several large chains with
about a dozen different padlocks on them - haha, very funny.

As far as I know, his bike is still there!

Could be a plausible theft technique, although probably beyond the
mental capacity of your average chav. Add a second lock, then come back
in the dead of night to work on the first one.
Old December 17th 04, 11:31 PM
Jon Senior

Andrew Chadwick wrote:
Hmm. Cube sculpture, Astor Place, New York USA? That reminded me of
http://www.alltooflat.com/pranks/cube/. I think we have before-and-after
pictures of the bike here at the very least.

That's on a par with the Police car on top of the MIT dome prank. Sheer
genius.

I think you might be right about the bike though!

Jon

Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
Mt. Hope Cemetery Carney Carney Kilian Unicycling 2 October 9th 03 01:41 PM
Hope rear disc not quite powerful enough? Daz N Mountain Biking 6 August 14th 03 02:18 AM