Unicycle Triathlon

Old October 1st 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Munivision

Default Unicycle Triathlon

Since I'm kind of ADD when it comes to sports, I ran a triathlon this
week end and it was a blast! So, I was thinking, we need to do a
unicycle triathlon. Maybe shuttle Munis to top of the hill/mountain,
have cokers at the bottom, run up the trail to the top, muni down, then
coker to a destination.

We have a great place to do this in Woods Canyon. Since all the trails
end in a fire road, that is a natural place to transition to cokers.
And the finish line could be the beach! I talked to Jamey about this
and really would like to put it together.

Has anything like this been done? Anyone interested?

--
Munivision

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Old October 1st 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Munivision;1105746 wrote:
Since I'm kind of ADD when it comes to sports, I ran a triathlon this
week end and it was a blast! So, I was thinking, we need to do a
unicycle triathlon. Maybe shuttle Munis to top of the hill/mountain,
have cokers at the bottom, run up the trail to the top, muni down, then
coker to a destination.

We have a great place to do this in Woods Canyon. Since all the trails
end in a fire road, that is a natural place to transition to cokers.
And the finish line could be the beach! I talked to Jamey about this
and really would like to put it together.

Has anything like this been done? Anyone interested?

Let's it this Friday! As long as it's not in triple digits like
today! Btw, Cholla would be a good trail to run up!

PS: You don't have "ADD", lol! That's my department!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old October 1st 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Just thought of something else. Running apparel is quite different than
riding apparel! I can't imagine *running* up cholla or any longer
distance in my five.ten MUni high tops, and a full compliment of
protective gear and full camelbak! I would definitely want to have a
pair of running shoes, lightweight shorts and tee for that part. So then
we'd really need to consider this and work it into the equasion.

Old October 2nd 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dandy1wheeler

in the back of backpacker mag, i found ad for DIXON ROLLER PACK, an
invention i had been hoping someone would get around to inventing. since
i like hiking so much, but also unicycling, something had to give. thank
you dixon roller pack, you've made my long distance duathlon dreams come
true. and i could even bring a small pet that does'nt like to walk all
day.
so the gist is, you can carry your unicycle on the dixon, and then when
you want to unicycle, you can put the dixon on your back like a
conventional backpack. i own a syncpack (a chestpack which
counterbalances a backpack)
and i know there's only so much you can carry while you unicycle, but
at least you can just SET DOWN all your gear and go uniriding at the the
drop of a hat.
i wanted to call this theoretical sport UNIHIKING..the unihiking
society. does anyone want to design my official logo? my idea is that
the profile of a curved unicycle saddle resembles the curved profile of
a human footprint. go from there, and may we meet on a grand hiking
trail somewhere like the AT..

--
dandy1wheeler
Old October 2nd 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

How about swimming as a third discipline? That could replace the shower
afterwards

--
munirocks

mono for bono
Old October 3rd 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Ya Jim this sounds like fun. Let's talk about it more tomorrow on the
ride and figure some things out. Even if we only got a half a dozen or
so riders doing it I think it'd be great. If we got over a dozen it'd be
awesome!

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE
HERE!!! (\"HTTP://WWW.UNIPROSHOP.COM\")

'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old October 3rd 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

The transition area is really important, and finding a single spot that
works for both transitions makes things a lot easier. Traditional
triathlons tend to have three different loops that all lead back to the
transition.

As for gear, it's usually mostly about compromise--while people swap
shoes between cycling and running, they don't usually change clothes (or
at least not shorts). Lots of people wear those cycling-style
compression shorts because they work okay for swimming, cycling, and
running. I've just worn running shorts and put up with them being less
than ideal on the bike portion. I found that it was easier to cycle in
running shorts than run in cycling shorts (and wet cycling shorts--from
swimming--are just a bad idea all the way, I think).

But I wish I was closer to where you are--I'd give whatever it was a
shot! Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, however it ends up!

--
pkittle

Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg