What an awesome gadget!

Old September 23rd 04, 08:37 PM
Blair P. Houghton

S o r n i wrote:
Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Saddam would have been gone the next day if we'd offered him
$2 million and a bus ticket to Tehran.

That's so absurd it's astounding. Wrong and more wrong. (Hint: he had 100
times that much money, and Iranians would kill him in VERY ugly ways.)

This is why it's useless to argue with right-wingers.

They miss the point and argue semantics.

Bush needed a shooting war, and it's cost us over 7,000 American
wounded and over 1,000 American dead. That is the angle the Democrats
will play, and it will kill Bush.

He already had a "shooting war". You're as bad at US predictions as at
SadDamned recollections.

We didn't shoot until the "Shock and Awe" campaign started.

I wonder how all the foreign papers translated "Shock and Awe"
without using their word for "Terrorism".

PS: too late for Rather's Lefties, too.

Republicans think Dan Rather's running for President.

Hey. When you start decrying the "journalistic ethics" of Fox
News, I'll start listening to your hyperbole about CBS.

--Blair
"Cronkite can kick Hannity's ass."
Old September 23rd 04, 10:22 PM
Bill Sornson

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
S o r n i wrote:
Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Saddam would have been gone the next day if we'd offered him
$2 million and a bus ticket to Tehran.

That's so absurd it's astounding. Wrong and more wrong. (Hint: he
had 100 times that much money, and Iranians would kill him in VERY
ugly ways.)

This is why it's useless to argue with right-wingers.

They miss the point and argue semantics.

Semantics???

Republicans think Dan Rather's running for President.

Hey. When you start decrying the "journalistic ethics" of Fox
News, I'll start listening to your hyperbole about CBS.

Hey, if Fox employs an avowed right-winger as a producer and pays him or her
to work on stories designed to defeats Democrats for /five years/, and
allows that producer to contact Republican officials immediately before a
(bogus) story breaks so they can be prepared to pounce, then I'd "decry" 'em
in a heartbeat.

--Blair
"Cronkite can kick Hannity's ass."

Bill "neither of whom are involved in this" S.

PS: Dan Rather couldn't fluff Walter's seat cushion.