Coker Discussion Thread

Old January 1st 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Default Coker Discussion Thread

Well i've decided to break my 40" tyre to make another yet larger one to
replace it. But in doing that, it will damage my frame apparently.

--
Hazmat

1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

'*Hazmats What people think of me??
*' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458)
ivan wrote:
Its a wild ride, grabs me by the shoe-lace, and doesn't let go till I do
a face-plant.

' My kind of driving with my favourite car.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-F_FpRBm6c)
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Hazmat wrote:
Well i've decided to break my 40" tyre to make another yet larger one to
replace it. But in doing that, it will damage my frame apparently.

are you gonna have a new one to race with in 2010? I still wanna race
you.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(http://www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle/products)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Ducttape wrote:
are you gonna have a new one to race with in 2010? I still wanna race
you.

*1) *I'm hoping i do.
*2) * So do i.

Old January 1st 08, 09:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

sooo...... what do you guys think if I were to drill out my airfoil, and
put Welgo MG1 mag pedals on my coker with my 89mm cranks... do you
think that's being too much of a weight weenie? I want to race in the
velodrome and do a time trial to see what kinds of speeds I can
reach.... what do you guys think?

Old January 1st 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Ducttape wrote:
sooo...... what do you guys think if I were to drill out my airfoil, and
put Welgo MG1 mag pedals on my coker with my 89mm cranks... do you
think that's being too much of a weight weenie? I want to race in the
velodrome and do a time trial to see what kinds of speeds I can
reach.... what do you guys think?

All i can say is.........

Old January 1st 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

Ducttape wrote:
sooo...... what do you guys think if I were to drill out my airfoil, and
put Welgo MG1 mag pedals on my coker with my 89mm cranks... do you
think that's being too much of a weight weenie? I want to race in the
velodrome and do a time trial to see what kinds of speeds I can
reach.... what do you guys think?

go for broke

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Ducttape wrote:
sooo...... what do you guys think if I were to drill out my airfoil, and
put Welgo MG1 mag pedals on my coker with my 89mm cranks... do you
think that's being too much of a weight weenie? I want to race in the
velodrome and do a time trial to see what kinds of speeds I can
reach.... what do you guys think?

Speed holes eh? Haha I wouldn't do it.

--
MuniAddict

My Videos:

'http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699
Old January 1st 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bungeejoe

MuniAddict wrote:
Speed hole eh? Haha I wouldn't do it.

On the flat speed is more about cadence than weight. Try getting on a
cycle trainer. Can you break 200+ cadence? Working on cadence will do
more for your speed than drilling holes. Then try your uni on rollers
next.

JM

--
bungeejoe
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

bungeejoe wrote:
On the flat speed is more about cadence than weight. Try getting on a
cycle trainer. Can you break 200+ cadence? Working on cadence will do
more for your speed than drilling holes. Then try your uni on rollers
next.

JM

I've hit unofficial records(with car tails and cyclometers) of about
23.5mph(37.8 kph), although none of those top speed were held longer
than a quarter mile. I'm not quite sure what that equates to as far as
a cadence, but I'm sure it's pretty high. My average speeds on 30 mile
long rides are about 10-11mph(16-17kph) and I can hold a sprint speed
of 19mph for about a mile and a half, I'd say I have the spinning down,
which was why I was thinking about reducing rolling mass and overall
unicycle(and rider) weight, as well as sticking shorter cranks on.

Old January 1st 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

Ducttape wrote:
I've hit unofficial records(with car tails and cyclometers) of about
23.5mph(37.8 kph), although none of those top speed were held longer
than a quarter mile. I'm not quite sure what that equates to as far as
a cadence, but I'm sure it's pretty high. My average speeds on 30 mile
long rides are about 10-11mph(16-17kph) and I can hold a sprint speed
of 19mph for about a mile and a half, I'd say I have the spinning down,
which was why I was thinking about reducing rolling mass and overall
unicycle(and rider) weight, as well as sticking shorter cranks on.

23.5 mph is about (this is pretty close mind you) to 218 rpm, that's
pretty fast, I've only gotten 198 rpm, but ihaven't tried my 89mm's as
it is snowing

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com