knee warmers

Old August 18th 04, 03:24 AM
Boatman

Default knee warmers

As the morning temperatures get colder here in the West, I decided to buy
some knee warmers. When I first put them on, they stretched nicely and
covered from mid thigh to almost half way down my lower leg. After 10
minutes of cycling, they were all scrunched up right around my knee. Is this
typical? I guess they still worked at keeping my knees warm, though.

Boatman

Old August 18th 04, 05:26 AM
Bob Anderson

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 02:24:58 GMT, "Boatman" wrote:

As the morning temperatures get colder here in the West, I decided to buy
some knee warmers. When I first put them on, they stretched nicely and
covered from mid thigh to almost half way down my lower leg. After 10
minutes of cycling, they were all scrunched up right around my knee. Is this
typical? I guess they still worked at keeping my knees warm, though.

What brand did you get?

I ordered some from REI on sale, but haven't got them yet.
http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...SHP_CYCLING_SA

Pearl Izumi Therma Fleece Leg Warmers - Closeout
Price: $27.93 Item 716705
Compare At: $45.00 You Save: 37%

---
"BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
Eugene Oregon
Old August 18th 04, 06:35 AM
S o r n i

wrote:

As the morning temperatures get colder here in the West, I decided
to buy some knee warmers. When I first put them on, they stretched
nicely and covered from mid thigh to almost half way down my lower
leg. After 10 minutes of cycling, they were all scrunched up right
around my knee. Is this typical? I guess they still worked at
keeping my knees warm, though.

What brand did you get?

I ordered some from REI on sale, but haven't got them yet.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...SHP_CYCLING_SA

Pearl Izumi Therma Fleece Leg Warmers - Closeout

Big difference between leg warmers and knee warmers. (Well, around two feet
of material and a zipper, times two.)

To the OP, I only have one pair of cheap knee warmers (Performance brand,
pretty sure), but they've never bunched up at the knees on me. Are you
pulling 'em up high enough?

Bill "IOW, no, it's not typical IME" S.

Old August 18th 04, 07:27 AM
David Reuteler

Boatman wrote:
As the morning temperatures get colder here in the West, I decided to buy
some knee warmers. When I first put them on, they stretched nicely and
covered from mid thigh to almost half way down my lower leg. After 10
minutes of cycling, they were all scrunched up right around my knee. Is this
typical? I guess they still worked at keeping my knees warm, though.

try pulling them up higher on your leg so that they go from over 3/4 up your
thigh to only just below your knee. that's how i keep 'em up when i'm not
wearing cycling shorts (usually when commuting). if you're wearing shorts
it shouldn't be a problem, tho .. the shorts (worn over the knee warmers,
put on before) should keep them up fairly well.
--
david reuteler

Old August 18th 04, 01:39 PM
Bob in CT

wrote:

[...]

When I first bought my knee warmers (also Performance brand), I made the
mistake of not pulling them high enough and they ended up falling. Now, I
pull them basically all the way up my thighs and they don't fall.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply
Old August 18th 04, 02:15 PM
Bob Anderson

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:35:07 GMT, "S o r n i" wrote:

Big difference between leg warmers and knee warmers. (Well, around two feet
of material and a zipper, times two.)

Ah, ok.... thx

---
"BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
Eugene Oregon
Old August 18th 04, 02:31 PM
Boatman

wrote:

[...]

I bought the Performance knee warmers. I'll try your suggestion (pulling
them up higher). Thanks!

Boatman

Old August 18th 04, 02:32 PM
Boatman

David Reuteler wrote:
Boatman wrote:
As the morning temperatures get colder here in the West, I decided
to buy some knee warmers. When I first put them on, they stretched
nicely and covered from mid thigh to almost half way down my lower
leg. After 10 minutes of cycling, they were all scrunched up right
around my knee. Is this typical? I guess they still worked at
keeping my knees warm, though.

try pulling them up higher on your leg so that they go from over 3/4
up your thigh to only just below your knee. that's how i keep 'em up
when i'm not wearing cycling shorts (usually when commuting). if
you're wearing shorts it shouldn't be a problem, tho .. the shorts
(worn over the knee warmers, put on before) should keep them up
fairly well.

I'll try that. Thanks!

Boatman

Old August 19th 04, 10:52 PM
KD

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:39:35 GMT, Bob in CT
wrote:

When I first bought my knee warmers (also Performance brand), I made the
mistake of not pulling them high enough and they ended up falling. Now, I
pull them basically all the way up my thighs and they don't fall.

I tuck the tops UNDER the elastic on my shorts, seems to hold 'em up
pretty good.

Looks goofy maybe. :P

Ken
Old August 19th 04, 11:10 PM
S o r n i

wrote:

When I first bought my knee warmers (also Performance brand), I made
the mistake of not pulling them high enough and they ended up
falling. Now, I pull them basically all the way up my thighs and
they don't fall.

I tuck the tops UNDER the elastic on my shorts, seems to hold 'em up
pretty good.

Looks goofy maybe. :P

That's the way they're supposed to be worn.

Bill "would look goofy on outside" S.