What an awesome gadget!

Old September 19th 04, 06:51 PM
RonSonic

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:30:20 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

RonSonic wrote:
Nah, he'd rather all those car mechanics get sick from the asbestos-free brake
pads. The first two generations of those things were just plain poisonous.

Asbestos brake pads were killing people. There's a finite
chance you'll die from a cancer caused by a particle of asbestos
that was shed by a brake pad while they were still legal.

There is also a finite chance I'll be slain by a meteorite.

Ron

--Blair
"Whether you make me hope it happens
is up to you."

Old September 19th 04, 06:55 PM
RonSonic

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 02:11:58 GMT, "Kyle.B.H" wrote:

Speaking of logic, my post contained a progression of it just waiting for
refutation via links to MoveOn.org, yet you reply with an unintelligible
quip about OBL. I guess that's typical usenet discourse for you.

Your post supported GW Bush and was therefore bereft of logic.

What the heck are you talking about? My post discussed liberal bias in the
media and the market conditions it created, allowing the Fox phenomenon to
occur. I thought it was an interesting basis for discussion. Not a word
about GWB in my original post or follow-up!

Anyways, this is wonderfully typical of the hysterical Bush-hatered that
grows like a cancer among the angry left until there is no room left for
reason, logic, or even intelligent discourse.

BDS, Bush Derangement Syndrome.

There was a similar condition that afflicted some number of Clinton's critics as
well.

Ron

Old September 20th 04, 05:14 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Jim Smith wrote:
Blair P. Houghton writes:

RonSonic wrote:
Nah, he'd rather all those car mechanics get sick from the

asbestos-free brake
pads. The first two generations of those things were just plain poisonous.

Asbestos brake pads were killing people. There's a finite
chance you'll die from a cancer caused by a particle of asbestos
that was shed by a brake pad while they were still legal.

A recent meta-analysis finds otherwise:

http://annhyg.oupjournals.org/cgi/co...tract/48/4/309

Meta-analysis = fake science.

--Blair
"There. We average out."
Old September 20th 04, 05:16 AM
Blair P. Houghton

RonSonic wrote:
Nah, he'd rather all those car mechanics get sick from the asbestos-free brake
pads. The first two generations of those things were just plain poisonous.

Asbestos brake pads were killing people. There's a finite
chance you'll die from a cancer caused by a particle of asbestos
that was shed by a brake pad while they were still legal.

There is also a finite chance I'll be slain by a meteorite.

So you're encouraging meteorites to fall on other people?

--Blair
"Not your place."
Old September 20th 04, 08:20 AM
Mike1

"Kyle.B.H" wrote:

--Blair
"Here. Have another heaping helping
of asbestos, Consumer..."

Poor choice of signature quote, you're not as witty as you fancy yourself.
Asbestos is very useful stuff when not airborn, has saved many thousands of
lives. Trial lawyers have made it what it is.

Indeed. *Lack* of asbestos above the 69th floors may have brought the
WTCs down.

--
Reply to sans two @@, or your reply won't reach me.

Twin City Strategy Gamer:

Drug smugglers and gun-runners are heroes of American capitalism.
-- Jeffrey Quick
Old September 20th 04, 08:22 AM
Mike1

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

[...]

The condition has a name -- the "Reinfield Complex":
http://home.mn.rr.com/meadowbrookhome/z/lying.htm

Old September 20th 04, 09:54 AM
Jim Smith

Blair P. Houghton writes:

Jim Smith wrote:
Blair P. Houghton writes:

RonSonic wrote:
Nah, he'd rather all those car mechanics get sick from the

asbestos-free brake
pads. The first two generations of those things were just plain poisonous.

Asbestos brake pads were killing people. There's a finite
chance you'll die from a cancer caused by a particle of asbestos
that was shed by a brake pad while they were still legal.

A recent meta-analysis finds otherwise:

http://annhyg.oupjournals.org/cgi/co...tract/48/4/309

Meta-analysis = fake science.

Now that is just silly. You are being funny on purpose, right?

Old September 20th 04, 03:11 PM
Mark Hickey

RonSonic wrote:
Nah, he'd rather all those car mechanics get sick from the asbestos-free brake
pads. The first two generations of those things were just plain poisonous.

Asbestos brake pads were killing people. There's a finite
chance you'll die from a cancer caused by a particle of asbestos
that was shed by a brake pad while they were still legal.

There is also a finite chance I'll be slain by a meteorite.

So you're encouraging meteorites to fall on other people?

I think it's positively unfair that larger people have to live night
and day with a larger prospect of being hit by a meteor than us
scrawny climber-types, since they're much larger "targets". I would
guess Chalo lives in positive trembling fear, presenting a
cross-section at least double that of my own. I think the government
should come up with a program to make the risk the same for everyone.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old September 20th 04, 03:14 PM
Mark Hickey

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Moveon.org promotes the truth. You don't like the truth, you
must be a Bush supporter.

This is a person who used the word "logic" in a previous post?

Heh heh heh...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old September 20th 04, 05:37 PM

On 20 Sep 2004 03:54:14 -0500, Jim Smith
wrote:

Blair P. Houghton writes:

Jim Smith wrote:
Blair P. Houghton writes:

RonSonic wrote:
Nah, he'd rather all those car mechanics get sick from the
asbestos-free brake
pads. The first two generations of those things were just plain poisonous.

Asbestos brake pads were killing people. There's a finite
chance you'll die from a cancer caused by a particle of asbestos
that was shed by a brake pad while they were still legal.

A recent meta-analysis finds otherwise:

http://annhyg.oupjournals.org/cgi/co...tract/48/4/309

Meta-analysis = fake science.

Now that is just silly. You are being funny on purpose, right?

Dear Jim,

Hmmm . . . hard to say.

Possibly we need to analyze Blair's posts in other threads
or even other newsgroups?

Carl Fogel