Copper Anti-Seize Lube: User-Friendly?

Old September 22nd 04, 12:54 AM
(Pete Cresswell)

Default Copper Anti-Seize Lube: User-Friendly?

The guy I bought my ti frame from was big on something he called "TiPrep"...but
he went on about how toxic the stuff was and that contact with skin SB
avoided....and so-on and so-forth.

Didn't like the sound of that, so I went down to the local Napa Auto store and
bought some of what they call Copper Anti-Seize Lube (Napa Item# 765-2569).

Container's label doesn't sound real friendly - but not many do...

So, bottom line: do you wear gloves when you're smearing this stuff around?
--
PeteCresswell
Old September 22nd 04, 01:56 AM
Werehatrack

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:54:58 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" wrote:

The guy I bought my ti frame from was big on something he called "TiPrep"...but
he went on about how toxic the stuff was and that contact with skin SB
avoided....and so-on and so-forth.

Didn't like the sound of that, so I went down to the local Napa Auto store and
bought some of what they call Copper Anti-Seize Lube (Napa Item# 765-2569).

Container's label doesn't sound real friendly - but not many do...

So, bottom line: do you wear gloves when you're smearing this stuff around?

It's not terribly toxic, IIRC. You can get the MSDS for it if you're
really worried, though.

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/nc...sds.d2w/report

or

http://tinyurl.com/5tvgr

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old September 22nd 04, 02:21 AM
Werehatrack

Even more specifically:

http://tinyurl.com/45d2k

the line most relevant:

HEALTH HAZARDS: None known
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old September 22nd 04, 02:51 AM
Jim Smith

Werehatrack writes:

Even more specifically:

http://tinyurl.com/45d2k

the line most relevant:

HEALTH HAZARDS: None known
--

For some reason the MSDS that comes up is for a different product,
it is for the anti-size in a tube. 49550-Napa

Old September 24th 04, 07:53 PM
DJA

on 9/21/2004 7:54 PM (Pete Cresswell) said the following:
The guy I bought my ti frame from was big on something he called "TiPrep"...but
he went on about how toxic the stuff was and that contact with skin SB
avoided....and so-on and so-forth.

Didn't like the sound of that, so I went down to the local Napa Auto store and
bought some of what they call Copper Anti-Seize Lube (Napa Item# 765-2569).

Container's label doesn't sound real friendly - but not many do...

So, bottom line: do you wear gloves when you're smearing this stuff around?

I used this stuff on my freewheel threads and I just put a dab on my
finger and spread it around. Of course I washed my hands when I was
finished. No harm done. (but that third eye coming in should be useful...)

Common sense...just resist the urge to eat it or schmear it all over
your body...

--
David
dja--dot--mail--at--comcast--dot--net