Mention unicycling on college applications?

Old January 12th 05, 01:40 PM
steve0we

I think posting it might give you something interesting to talk about
that you know very well, and will build your confidence in the
interview........ However.......

you might not want to put this forum on the application. Then they will
find out we are all NUTZ!

--
steve0we - Just removed training wheel!

This is Wheelie Wheelie FUN!
steve0we's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8643

Old January 12th 05, 05:41 PM
Ben Plotkin-Swing

Unicycling is one of the main focuses of my college application. I'll
let you know in a couple months how that works out for me. I imagine
that like obie said, something that stands out and makes your
application more interesting to read can only help.

http://www.benps.unicyclist.com/admissions.html

Thats my personal statement essay about unicycling, if anybody is
interested.

Ben

--
Ben Plotkin-Swing

www.benps.com

"Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
cookie.
Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378

Old January 12th 05, 05:57 PM
Contender

I've had unicycling on my resume for a couple of years now. I'd say
that it comes up in interviews about 50% of the time. So far the
reaction has always been positive.

As for including it on a college application, I'd go for it. I can't
remember if I included it on mine because I wasn't really into it back
then. If I were to apply today I would definitely include it.

--
Contender - Roman Allemann
Contender's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7825

Old January 12th 05, 06:44 PM
1Cube1Wheel

Grantopher,
A lot of colleges actually look at unique talents and hobbies when
considering admission, so defiently put down unicycling, juggling, and
Rubik's Cube.

Jason

--
1Cube1Wheel - 01001101010101010110111001101001

I'm all for bipartisianship. Ill hug your elephant if you kiss my ass.

1Cube1Wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6957

Old January 12th 05, 07:02 PM
TheObieOne3226

Ben Plotkin-Swing wrote:
*http://www.benps.unicyclist.com/admissions.html

*

Nice essay.

:: Pelvic Thrust ::

--
TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
Yahoo:TheObieOne3226

disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

Nick, Joe, Tim, Jim, Nick, Eric, Trip, Mike, Bevan, Sabin, Owen, Jagur,
Brian, Michael, Pete, Evan, Andrew, Justin, Kyle, Dave, Kevin, and Laura
are my main man.

Old January 12th 05, 07:53 PM
uniprincess

When i applied for college, i put unicycling on my list of activites and
put down that i was the national pairs unicycling champion for my list
of accomplishments and what not. I got accepted a few years agoand when
we went to a freshmen first day rally thing, the president of the school
was telling us about how we have a great variety of people in our
freshmen class. He started saying how many people out of the entire
group were on the honor roll in high school and other stuff like that.
Then he said "and we have a national pairs unicycling champion here
too!" he said "i don't get it though, isn't only one person supposed to
be on a unicycle? do they fit two people on it for pairs unicycling?"

well, that's my story. i think you should definately put it on your
application, i don't see any reason not to.
lindsey

--
uniprincess - unicyclist
uniprincess's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Quick report on Israel Team to Unicon 12 and unicycling in Israel Jack Halpern Unicycling 3 December 22nd 03 06:14 AM
Philosophy and the art of unicycling Mikefule Unicycling 4 August 23rd 03 01:04 PM
Protective gear and the image iof unicycling sendhair Unicycling 4 July 15th 03 09:14 PM