First Dirt in My New Home

Old June 27th 06, 02:46 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Riding at Altitude

I don't know about a year, but certainly more than a week. I've lived in
Colorado a long time, and it always seems to take folks 3-6 months no
matter what condition they come out in.
I think physiological changes are happening in there.

Takes a while to stretch your rib cage out.
At 26yo my lungs were 25% larger than average. 6.75 liters

Being here 16 years though, I don't consider Denver to be riding at
altitude.
I don't really feel it until 8500'.

Winter Park is where you can really get up there. On the backside of
Mary Jane there are some old logging roads that go above timberline
You have to get off the trail and hike across the creek to get to them.

Old June 28th 06, 12:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default First Dirt in My New Home

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
[Inline: http://tinyurl.com/g4gcy]

Damn Mitch looks like you've gone to mtb heaven!

Mike

Old June 28th 06, 12:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Michael Dart wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
[Inline: http://tinyurl.com/g4gcy]

Damn Mitch looks like you've gone to mtb heaven!

Mike

Don't be a stranger. There's always room for one more.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old June 28th 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Michael Dart wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
[Inline: http://tinyurl.com/g4gcy]

Damn Mitch looks like you've gone to mtb heaven!

Mike

Don't be a stranger. There's always room for one more.

I'll have to take you up on that!

Mike

Back home Jo UK 5 May 26th 05 11:20 PM
Fixed gear on home trainer? Maciek Ostaszewski Techniques 9 December 13th 04 02:35 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard UK 0 November 10th 04 12:33 AM
An open letter to Lance Armstrong DiabloScott Racing 19 August 2nd 04 01:16 AM
Home Improvements - For Bikes!? hippy General 22 August 25th 03 03:02 AM