riding at lake george , NY?

Old June 27th 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default riding at lake george , NY?

Can anyone recommend some good MTB trails at or near Lake George, NY.
Access from the lakeshore would be nice, or driving nearby.

I'll be camping on an Island near Hulett's Landing.

I read something about Shelving Rock, but couldn't get a good sense if
it was good riding or mostly hike-a-bike. I'm a decent rider, but not
looking for anything too brutal- just technical but fun.

I did ride once the length of Tongue Mtn, which seemed pretty good, and
it seemed like there were trails that went on from the Northern part,
but I didn't have a chance to explore.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions people might have.

Marc
Old June 28th 06, 12:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Marc" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend some good MTB trails at or near Lake George, NY.
Access from the lakeshore would be nice, or driving nearby.

I'll be up there this weekend as well and would like some info on the
trails. I understand there's some decent road riding, but that's it..

Josh

Old June 28th 06, 02:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Marc" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend some good MTB trails at or near Lake George, NY.
Access from the lakeshore would be nice, or driving nearby.

I'll be camping on an Island near Hulett's Landing.

I read something about Shelving Rock, but couldn't get a good sense if
it was good riding or mostly hike-a-bike. I'm a decent rider, but not
looking for anything too brutal- just technical but fun.

I did ride once the length of Tongue Mtn, which seemed pretty good, and
it seemed like there were trails that went on from the Northern part,
but I didn't have a chance to explore.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions people might have.

Big Hollow (Lake George), Daniels Trail, Devil's Den and Saratoga Springs
State park (Saratoga Springs), West Mountain (Glens Falls).

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old June 28th 06, 03:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"Marc" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend some good MTB trails at or near Lake George, NY.
Access from the lakeshore would be nice, or driving nearby.

Big Hollow (Lake George), Daniels Trail, Devil's Den and Saratoga Springs
State park (Saratoga Springs), West Mountain (Glens Falls).

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I found this so far:

http://www.warrencountydpw.com/Parks-Rec/Bike%20Way.htm

http://www.lakegeorge.net/recreation/biking/

http://www.goremountain.com/

Old June 28th 06, 03:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

I found this, but also some comments elsewhere that it's sort of a tough
slog

http://www.adksportsfitness.com/back...lvingrock.html

And i've bike a loop on the road around 22/4/22a/Fort T ferry/22 again.
which is pretty nice but I have a feeling there are even better roads
around. this just happens to be close to where I stay.

When I bike tongue mtn I thought I saw another trail that went north,
but I don't know anything about it. and the traisl going up from the
lake are very steep. the roads too, where I'm at.

where will you be staying, josh?

marc

Old June 28th 06, 04:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Marc" wrote in message
I found this, but also some comments elsewhere that it's sort of a tough
slog

http://www.adksportsfitness.com/back...lvingrock.html

And i've bike a loop on the road around 22/4/22a/Fort T ferry/22 again.
which is pretty nice but I have a feeling there are even better roads
around. this just happens to be close to where I stay.

When I bike tongue mtn I thought I saw another trail that went north, but
I don't know anything about it. and the traisl going up from the lake are
very steep. the roads too, where I'm at.

where will you be staying, josh?

marc

Thanks for the links Marc! I'll have to check those out. Not exactly sure
where we're staying. We're camping with a bunch of people so I'm just
following along!

I'll know more tomorrow!

Josh