Very Expensive to Buy a Recumbent in Canada - read.905.ew

Old August 19th 12, 11:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
21trumpets

Default Very Expensive to Buy a Recumbent in Canada - read.905.ew

I really would like to ride a recumbent bicycle. I've only seen one,
ever, in my life. It was red, and went by so fast I didn't really get
a good look at it until I found one like it on the www. I priced a
few, and can't figure out why they're soo expensive, even used ones
with dry noisey crank bearings or worn out sprockets are expensive to
purchase. Is it because they're all hand made? I don't know. But I'll
keep looking.

Old August 20th 12, 12:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Randy Kehrt

Suggest that YOU take a trip to Stevens Point, WI which is near
Canada and visit the sto

http://www.volaerecumbents.com/2011/...recumbents.php

Randy

PS They sell used recumbents.

Old September 16th 12, 08:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
21trumpets

On Aug 19, 7:54*pm, "Randy Kehrt" wrote:
Suggest that YOU take a trip to Stevens Point, WI which is near
Canada and visit the sto

http://www.volaerecumbents.com/2011/...recumbents.php

Randy

PS *They sell used recumbents.

"21trumpets" *wrote in message

I really would like to ride a recumbent bicycle. I've only seen one,
ever, in my life. It was red, and went by so fast I didn't really get
a good look at it until I found one like it on the www. I priced a
few, and can't figure out why they're soo expensive, even used ones
with dry noisey crank bearings or worn out sprockets are expensive to
purchase. Is it because they're all hand made? I don't know. But I'll
keep looking.

Thanks for the thought. But I'm looking for stuff in Canada. We still
have bicycle manufacturers here in Canada. What I should do is put a
"bug" in the ear of their sales/marketing department and see if they
can't start offering more than bmx and mountain bicycles.
Old April 24th 15, 12:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 6:33:52 PM UTC-4, 21trumpets wrote:
I really would like to ride a recumbent bicycle. I've only seen one,
ever, in my life. It was red, and went by so fast I didn't really get
a good look at it until I found one like it on the www. I priced a
few, and can't figure out why they're soo expensive, even used ones
with dry noisey crank bearings or worn out sprockets are expensive to
purchase. Is it because they're all hand made? I don't know. But I'll
keep looking.

There are some Recumbent manufactures that have sales at Canadian dealers. Not a lot but some. You really have to do your research on recumbents before you make your choice. There's some many different styles and types of them. Riding one is a learning curve. Once you have all that there's nothing like it!