Rhoades Car

Old February 2nd 07, 12:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

Default Rhoades Car

Has anyone ridden a Rhoades Car?

At close to 100 lbs they must be a bear to get up hills. On the other hand,
the idea of a side by side tandem is somewhat appealing. I would love to try
one. I'm sure they are not built for speed. There was one on ebay once that
was quite cheap ($450) but it would have cost me that much again to get it
shipped here.

I'd love to hear about these from anyone with actual experience.

Jeff

Old February 2nd 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
Has anyone ridden a Rhoades Car?

At close to 100 lbs they must be a bear to get up hills. On the other
hand, the idea of a side by side tandem is somewhat appealing. I would
love to try one. I'm sure they are not built for speed. There was one on
ebay once that was quite cheap ($450) but it would have cost me that much
again to get it shipped here.

I'd love to hear about these from anyone with actual experience.

Forget about Rhoades and tandems. They are for very special jerks and nerds.

Jeff, given your present physical impairments, you want and need a recumbent
trike. It can be either a tadpole or a delta, but it should be light and
well-made. Plan on spending several thousand.

I have an early Whiz Wheelz for a tadpole and the Kettwiesel for a delta.
They are both excellent trikes for a reasonable use. They do whatever I want
and go wherever I want. I do have to keep my speed down to between 15 - 20
mph, but I never want to go faster than that anyway. I am basicallly your
average 10 mph bike rider.

I believe as I get older I will be riding my trikes more and more. I don't
ever want to even think about falling anymore. That is for the young and the
stupid.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 3rd 07, 03:27 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Height and weight bug me, along with the lack of aerodynamics; so I
have not ridden one. The main thing to many people is speed, and I
have not been passed by a human powered quad yet; and I am NOT a speed
fan. I do have experience of passing surrey tourist quads and human
powered business quad.