Headwinds

Old October 24th 05, 07:54 AM
Orlando

Default Headwinds

Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.

Old October 24th 05, 08:03 AM
JayWoo

Orlando Wrote:
Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.If it's constant then I look at it as great resistance training. I get

****ed if it's gusting though. Makes it hard to get into a good tempo.

--
JayWoo

Old October 24th 05, 08:27 AM
Humbug

On 24/10/05 at 16:54:07 Orlando somehow managed to type:

Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.

You must be going the wrong way - I had a nice speedy trip home...:-)

--
Humbug who isn't mentioning this morning though.....

Old October 24th 05, 08:28 AM
GPLama

"Orlando" wrote in message ...
Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.

so turn around

Old October 24th 05, 09:23 AM
TimC

On 2005-10-24, Orlando (aka Bruce)
Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.

You obviously live in Melbourne don't you?

It was only gusting at 50km/h, directly headwind for me. It's not
like it hasn't done that plenty of times over the past 3 months. But
this morning's seemed a lot worse than previous times for some reason.

I went down Glenferrie road to pick up a quote for all my broken bits,
then rode back to the Uni. That brief 500m back to Burwood road,
directly south, was fast. I can't believe that the headwind manages
to stay with me for the entire 11km commute. I don't even get 500m of
relief usually, unless I want to double back on myself.

--
TimC
GREAT MOMENTS IN HISTORY (#7): April 2, 1751
Old October 24th 05, 09:33 AM
Euan

"Orlando" == Orlando writes:

Orlando Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.

Headwinds I can deal with. Tailwinds are nice. Gusty cross winds are
what really suck.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old October 24th 05, 09:41 AM
A5Hi5M

On 2005-10-24, Orlando (aka Bruce)
Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.

You obviously live in Melbourne don't you?

It was only gusting at 50km/h, directly headwind for me. It's not
like it hasn't done that plenty of times over the past 3 months. But
this morning's seemed a lot worse than previous times for some reason.

I'd have to agree .. I actually stayed down in the drops for an extended
period of time, just to try and get some relief. Often i'll just grin and
bear it or embrace it as some extra training.

Old October 24th 05, 09:45 AM
Resound

"Orlando" wrote in message
Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.

Yeah, I had a fun ride home. Fixed gear, backpack, shiny new Vittoria Rubino
over the shoulder ($40 including tube from Abbotsford Cycles, yay) it was a
bit of a grind. I may have found a solution to brake reach woes on the fixie
though. Alloy fork to suit 700C and modern short reach caliper with recessed
nut but with 1" steerer, $70. I say again, yay.

Old October 24th 05, 10:09 AM
dave

Euan wrote:
"Orlando" == Orlando writes:

Orlando Riding against a strong headwind sucks big time.

Headwinds I can deal with. Tailwinds are nice. Gusty cross winds are
what really suck.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Melbourne, Australia | ~ (*)/ (*)

I have a early TCR. They soooo suck.

Mind you a sidewind is actually a lift. Its just that its scarey
Old October 24th 05, 10:22 AM
Orlando

Yeah but what really sucks big time, is that you get a strong headwind on
the way out for your ride, looking forward to the tailwind on the return
leg, only for the bugger to change again, so you cop it both ways, as Rodney
Rude says, gee I hate that.

headwinds wle Techniques 17 September 22nd 04 12:23 AM
2004 STP Trip Report (long) Claire Petersky Rides 2 July 22nd 04 06:33 AM