Things not to do on a unicycle

Old March 20th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Things not to do on a unicycle

Danny Colyer wrote:

Frankly, though, I think I'd rather Jenny learned to ride a wedgie
first, so we'll probably stick with a bog standard trailerbike. If
she
decides she wants a bent when she's a little bit older, I've also
found
these:
http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/ForKids.htm
http://www.quetzal.ca/zoulou_en.html

I think she'll be ready for a unicycle before she's ready for a bent
:-)

I've wondered, would it be desirable for a kid to learn to ride a
unicycle without ever learning to ride a bike? ... or is that concept
just too wierd? I think it would be pretty cool, but that it would
probably serve no real purpose beyond exemplifying how crazy one is
about uniycycling

--
jenmichael2000
jenmichael2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8180

Old March 20th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i did the same thing cept with a friend a peice of rope and a skate
board it was fun

--
dan de man

the second maori unicyclist on this forum (the first being
unicyclistjoe)hehehe i can imagine myself doing a unihaka before a
unihokey game
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old March 20th 06, 08:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

hey!...thats Jagurs first caniblizied MUni!

--
forget_your_life

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

Old March 20th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

jenmichael2000 wrote:
I've wondered, would it be desirable for a kid to learn to ride a
unicycle without ever learning to ride a bike? ... or is that concept
just too wierd? I think it would be pretty cool, but that it would
probably serve no real purpose beyond exemplifying how crazy one is
about uniycycling

There is a boy in our club who learned to ride a unicycle before he
learned to ride a bike. He learned uni at age 7. He is 9 now and as of
last fall he still did not know how to ride a bike. I don't know about
now.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656