Today's 20-mile ride @ -20 WC

Old February 6th 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Today's 20-mile ride @ -20 WC

"32GO" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey guys -

Grey (Meredith? Joel?) commented:

... -20 wind chills, and snow covered roads here in
northern IN were NOT going to confine me.

To which Joel (Grey? McRae?) replied:

I went out for a ride today, it was 17 which felt
like 25 below...

Way too much editing Wayne. Just post the previous messages like the rest of
us do. You are not really smart enough to do any original editing. Also,
get rid of all that parenthesis crap. Tom Sherman did it far better than
you, but he proved to be a jackass in the end also.

Well, I don't know if it might serve as a kind of
vicarious inspiration, or just make some folks feel
grumpy, but there are some pix from our local recumbent
group's ride this weekend in SoCal on our website, with
this lead-in link:

http://www.vcrr.org/news.htm

Our wind chill factor was also a little below 20 degrees,
but that's PLUS twenty Celsius, of course. Seriously, we
did see a bit more warm clothing than usual, with some
folks popping in and out of extra layers through the day.
Enjoy...

No one on this group (any Europeans here that are not British?) gives a good
god damn about that Celsius ****, but it is interesting that you should
think that we do. It indicates to the rest of us that you are some kind of
permanent jerk.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 6th 07, 04:26 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
Well, make that 2.0 (what's a decimal point here or there?)

I turned 60 today, so decided that 0 degrees F, -20 wind chills, and
snow covered roads here in northern IN were NOT going to confine me.
Belive me though, 2 miles was plenty. I would be interested in
hearing from those of you who commuted today (or did an otherwise
"honorable" ride) despite sub-zero temps.

I just don't get it- the temps down in parts of Australia were about
104 degrees,almost 90 degrees in parts of Los angeles, Belgium is
freezing (as are most people in the US) and I enjoy blissful miles
while the super bowl makes for very quiet streets. I should hang my
head down in shame.....but you don't do that on a recumbent for very
long or you might crash. That is a 10 - speed thang!

Here is Eco trying to ingratiate himself with the group. However, I will not
let him do this unless and until he rises to our intelligence level. We
certainly do not need any more dumb ****s on this group.

Hey, Eco, post a message that will interest the Great Ed Dolan - or get lost
why don't you!

God, don't we all just hate idle chit-chat!

Old February 6th 07, 04:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Joel" joelw135atcomcast.net wrote in message
. ..
Ben Goren wrote:
wrote:

Well, make that 2.0 (what's a decimal point here or there?)

I turned 60 today, so decided that 0 degrees F, -20 wind chills,
and snow covered roads here in northern IN were NOT going to
confine me. Belive me though, 2 miles was plenty. I would be
interested in hearing from those of you who commuted today (or
did an otherwise "honorable" ride) despite sub-zero temps.

Y'all are gonna hate me for this, but it was somewhere 'round 80o
F today here in Phoenix. I wore a light jacket on the ride in to
work this morning, more out of habit than anything else. The ride
home I would have shed a layer, were it not for indecent exposure
laws.

Cheers,

b&

Well the weather stayed nice a lot longer this year so riding season was
extended. I hope winter is over soon, even a few months without riding
outside is hard. The weather this whole week is calling for the single
digits, so riding is out of the question.

Right you are Joel. You are going way up in my estimation of you. Cyclists
who think they can ride in any and all weather conditions are beyond the
pale.

I am going to stay indoors this next week and write the most obnoxious
message in the history of Usenet to ARBR. It will be my revenge on the group
for being such all-around assholes all the time. Lets face it, it is
possible to have some fun in this world unconnected to cycling.

9 mile ride chosen Unicycling 0 October 2nd 05 07:01 PM
11.5 mile ride heavy metal unicycling Unicycling 6 May 28th 05 03:24 AM
First ride review: Schwinn Sidewinder from Walmart 20.6 mile ride. PSB General 118 March 23rd 05 06:28 AM
First ride review: Schwinn Sidewinder from Walmart 20.6 mile ride. PSB Techniques 129 March 23rd 05 06:28 AM
First 50 mile ride... Velvet UK 64 June 18th 04 09:53 AM