Getting Thunderbird to work?

Old June 5th 15, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Getting Thunderbird to work?

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 12:00:08 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Hi Duane.

I just got Eternal September.

Now how do I tell it that I want to subscribe to this newsgroup? Do I just type in rec.bicycles.tech?

Thanks atgain.

Cheers

I can't find where it asks for the password Eternal September sent.
Old June 5th 15, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 11:28:52 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Because you can't killfile Trolls via Google Groups.

Thunderbird also allows you to killfile people who ask difficult questions.
That is, questions whose honest answers would show that you're ideas are flat
wrong. Questions that have been asked dozens of times, that you're now
embarrassed about not answering.

- Frank Krygowski
Old June 5th 15, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

**** YOU AND THE HIGH HORSES YOU RODE IN ON FRANK!
Old June 5th 15, 09:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 05/06/15 03:14, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 9:43:58 PM UTC-4, wrote:

why are yawl using this here Thunderbird and not straight Google?

I use both, because of certain limitations related to different computers
and different locations.

Thunderbird's user interface is light years better.

I would agree, TB has had it's ups and downs but these days it does what
it sez on the tin.

Old June 5th 15, 11:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

For me it asks for the password when I try to add the news group.
--
duane
Old June 5th 15, 11:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 11:28:52 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 9:43:58 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 9:12:51 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 10:21:13 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Thanks Duane.

I thought I just needed to download Thunderbird. I'll download that other program too.

Cheers

If you already have Thunderbird you don't have to do anything on your
end. Just create a new Thunderbird account ( File, New). But you must
have a source for the messages that you will download so you must have
a news server account to furnish them. The simplest is to go to
Eternal-September of perhaps Albasani and register - it is free - than
you have a server address and a user name and password to configure
Thunderbird's new account.

But honestly it is much better to use a news group specific
application like Agent (there are others), or at least it seems
simpler to me :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

eeeez a lotta bird here...

why are yawl using this here Thunderbird and not straight Google?

Because you can't killfile Trolls via Google Groups.

Cheers

spring is here
be of good cheer
doahn be a dork
unless you live in New York
Old June 5th 15, 11:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 12:14:18 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 11:28:52 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Because you can't killfile Trolls via Google Groups.

Thunderbird also allows you to killfile people who ask difficult questions.
That is, questions whose honest answers would show that you're ideas are flat
wrong. Questions that have been asked dozens of times, that you're now
embarrassed about not answering.

- Frank Krygowski

hey you know the pop song ?
Old June 5th 15, 01:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 05/06/2015 12:11 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

You need to configure your server to always request authorization.
This link might help:

http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=faq

Old June 5th 15, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

http://cf.ydcdn.net/1.0.1.33/images/main/abacus.jpg
Old June 5th 15, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 12:34:37 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 12:14:18 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 11:28:52 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Because you can't killfile Trolls via Google Groups.

Thunderbird also allows you to killfile people who ask difficult questions.
That is, questions whose honest answers would show that you're ideas are flat
wrong. Questions that have been asked dozens of times, that you're now
embarrassed about not answering.

- Frank Krygowski

**** YOU AND THE HIGH HORSES YOU RODE IN ON FRANK!

Now _there_ was a real demonstration of intellectual prowess!

- Frank Krygowski

our work bike to work pic. max General 3 May 19th 08 11:31 AM
Short video - Thunderbird Park trials... andrew_carter Unicycling 19 February 20th 06 11:41 AM
Trials video - Thunderbird Park trials comp... andrew_carter Unicycling 5 August 21st 05 12:22 AM
RR work and fun small change Mountain Biking 11 February 16th 05 01:12 PM
[OT] Moving to Thunderbird Not Responding UK 24 December 20th 04 09:12 PM