Lockable Rack Trunk

Old August 8th 03, 02:30 PM
Peter Rosenfed

Default Lockable Rack Trunk

I was recently in Victoria, British Columbia and noticed that the bike
cops had some equipment I'd never seen before. Instead or regular rack
trunks, they had metal or some other rigid material rack trunks that
locked. They also appeared to be attached in a way that would prevent
them from being easily removed while locked. I made a note of the
manufacturer in my head and then promptly forgot it.

These trunks might be useful to have in urban environemnts. I've
homebrewed similar systems in the past but these looked a lot nicer .
I've looked around on the web and the closest thing I've found is
this, but it appears to be for motorcycles:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoit...=123208&BQ=mot
Anybody know who might make these lockable rack trunks?

Thanks

-Peter

surfboard bike rack Jeff General 11 November 3rd 03 08:57 AM
Thule 978 Easy Rider rack question. . Coneill General 2 July 24th 03 12:34 AM
Commuter Bicycle with fenders, chainguard, rack, etc., Any available in the U.S.? Steven M. Scharf General 3 July 13th 03 04:40 PM