What to wear under bike shorts ?

Old August 9th 03, 04:19 PM
Robin Hubert

Default What to wear under bike shorts ?

"Folklore" wrote in message
news
When I was in my teens and racing we generally didn't wear anything
under our shorts except maybe some baby powder. Now in my 40's and
starting to ride again I don't think that's the way to go. However,
neither squeezers nor boxers have proven to be very comfortable.

Why do you think that nothing under the shorts is no longer the way to go?
Anal leakage might do it for me but then I'm not sure.

Get rid of the underwear. Perhaps try some chamois cream.

--
Robin Hubert

Old August 9th 03, 04:28 PM
Harris

"Folklore" wrote:
When I was in my teens and racing we generally didn't wear anything
under our shorts except maybe some baby powder. Now in my 40's and
starting to ride again I don't think that's the way to go.

Some things never change.

Art Harris

Old August 9th 03, 04:47 PM
Boyd Speerschneider

Folklore wrote in newsb3ajvcrtcve56k1q9jcti0mhplf2qs04a@
4ax.com:

When I was in my teens and racing we generally didn't wear anything
under our shorts except maybe some baby powder. Now in my 40's and
starting to ride again I don't think that's the way to go. However,
neither squeezers nor boxers have proven to be very comfortable.

Any recommendations/help appreciated.

Thanks,

Be like Mike and where Hanes boxers.
I hear Lance Armstrong uses them also, so you *must*.

- Boyd S.
Old August 10th 03, 01:52 AM
Derek Torrington

I use some Chamois cream but only when I feel a good chafe coming on.
The rest of the time Nothing comes between me and my Brooks B17.
Oh, except for the shorts.
Derek

Old August 10th 03, 04:42 PM
Robin Hubert

"Dave Salovesh" wrote in message
In ,
Folklore opined:

When I was in my teens and racing we generally didn't wear anything
under our shorts except maybe some baby powder. Now in my 40's and
starting to ride again I don't think that's the way to go. However,
neither squeezers nor boxers have proven to be very comfortable.

Lipstick.

... made with animal testing!

--
Robin Hubert

Old August 10th 03, 06:40 PM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

When I was in my teens and racing we generally didn't wear anything
under our shorts except maybe some baby powder. Now in my 40's and
starting to ride again I don't think that's the way to go. However,
neither squeezers nor boxers have proven to be very comfortable.

Lipstick.

... made with animal testing!

--
Robin Hubert

Just the thought of an animal wearing lipstick makes me want to heave.

Pat in TX

Old August 11th 03, 01:14 AM
Folklore

Thanks everyone! Confirmation that I haven't gone completely nuts is
a good thing. Now... Where's that kilt?