SR bicycles?

Old September 29th 04, 04:58 AM
mfinger1

Default SR bicycles?

Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and probably not as familiar wit
bicycles as some of you
My question is, did SR make bicycles
I know they make cranksets, headposts, seatposts, but how about bikes
I've recently acquired an SR 12 speed "racing ?" bike w/27' frame, tha
probably dates to the early '80s. It has a Shimano group set I think
comprised of brake calipers and levers as well as front and rea
derailurs. Can anyone provide any info on an SR bike ? If it's the sam
SR that eventually acquired Suntour
Any and ALL info is greatly appreciated. Thank

Mik

--
mfinger1

Old September 29th 04, 05:50 AM
Bruce Lange

My question is, did SR make bicycles?

They do appear on eBay from time to time. You can probably glean some info
by watching those auctions.

I like their cranks.

Old September 29th 04, 06:19 AM
A Muzi

mfinger1 wrote:

Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and probably not as familiar with
bicycles as some of you.
My question is, did SR make bicycles?
I know they make cranksets, headposts, seatposts, but how about bikes?
I've recently acquired an SR 12 speed "racing ?" bike w/27' frame, that
probably dates to the early '80s. It has a Shimano group set I think,
comprised of brake calipers and levers as well as front and rear
derailurs. Can anyone provide any info on an SR bike ? If it's the same
SR that eventually acquired Suntour?
Any and ALL info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mike

The "SR" mid price Japanese sport bikes of the seventies,
built at Osaka, are an unrelated brand to SR-Sakae Ringyo
Kaisha of Tokyo, the aluminum parts maker.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old September 29th 04, 03:17 PM
Phil Brown

The "SR" mid price Japanese sport bikes of the seventies,
built at Osaka, are an unrelated brand to SR-Sakae Ringyo
Kaisha of Tokyo, the aluminum parts maker.

Sakae Ringyo did make an aluminum frame in the late 80s-early 90s.
Phil Brown
Old September 30th 04, 02:46 AM
A Muzi

Phil Brown wrote:
Sakae Ringyo did make an aluminum frame in the late 80s-early 90s.

That's true.
Angel Rodriguez and I designed them in 1987. It was sold as
the SR Prizm and Suntour Litage in both road and mountain
models.