Anyone ridden in or around Boise, ID?

Old December 22nd 04, 02:11 PM
James Calivar

Default Anyone ridden in or around Boise, ID?

I'm considering relocating my family to the Boise, ID area, and wondered if
anyone in this group could comment on the MTB opportunities there. I'm
taking a "recon" trip out there for 5 or 6 days in early March to check the
city out...was wondering if the weather would be conducive to an early-year
ride then, or would there still be a lot of snow on the ground? Perhaps I
could rent a bike from a shop and check things out for myself while I'm
there...

Incidentally, MTB is not my main focus - I do more road riding than mountain
biking, and love to ski and go rock climbing/mountaineering. Basically I
just love being in the mountains!

Any comments welcome...

Thanks,

James

Old December 22nd 04, 06:26 PM

Wait for a local to answer your questions. There are a few about.

JD

Old December 22nd 04, 06:29 PM
justen

James Calivar wrote:
I'm considering relocating my family to the Boise, ID area, and wondered if
anyone in this group could comment on the MTB opportunities there. I'm
taking a "recon" trip out there for 5 or 6 days in early March to check the
city out...was wondering if the weather would be conducive to an early-year
ride then, or would there still be a lot of snow on the ground? Perhaps I
could rent a bike from a shop and check things out for myself while I'm
there...

Incidentally, MTB is not my main focus - I do more road riding than mountain
biking, and love to ski and go rock climbing/mountaineering. Basically I
just love being in the mountains!

Any comments welcome...

Thanks,

James

This is a joke, right? Checkout mtbr.com, the Idaho form. Lots of us
there.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=67391

Justen

Old December 22nd 04, 08:06 PM
James Calivar

"justen" wrote in message
James Calivar wrote:
[...]

Why would it be a joke? I'm interested in moving to Idaho, and had to start
finding out info somewhere - I was not aware of your link. I'll check it
out.

James

Old December 22nd 04, 09:32 PM

Can't speak for Boise, but Ketchum was supaschweet.

/s

Old December 23rd 04, 01:03 AM
justen

James Calivar wrote:
Why would it be a joke? I'm interested in moving to Idaho, and had to start
finding out info somewhere - I was not aware of your link. I'll check it
out.

Okay, sorry. Lots of us riding nerds here in Boise.

Justen

Old December 23rd 04, 01:23 AM
small change

justen wrote:
James Calivar wrote:
Why would it be a joke? I'm interested in moving to Idaho, and had
to start finding out info somewhere - I was not aware of your link.
I'll check it out.

Okay, sorry. Lots of us riding nerds here in Boise.

Justen

you guys need to tell him that Idaho riding really, really sucks.

penny

Old December 23rd 04, 01:46 AM
James Calivar

"justen" wrote in message
James Calivar wrote:
Why would it be a joke? I'm interested in moving to Idaho, and had to
start
finding out info somewhere - I was not aware of your link. I'll check it
out.

Okay, sorry. Lots of us riding nerds here in Boise.

Justen

Oh, nerds? Never mind then. I only ride with the cool crowd. ;-)

Old December 23rd 04, 04:24 AM
small change

James Calivar wrote:
"justen" wrote in message
James Calivar wrote:
Why would it be a joke? I'm interested in moving to Idaho, and had
to start
finding out info somewhere - I was not aware of your link. I'll
check it out.

Okay, sorry. Lots of us riding nerds here in Boise.

Justen

Oh, nerds? Never mind then. I only ride with the cool crowd. ;-)

http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/pen...ing/biking.asp I just ( as in 15
minutes ago) made a photo album for my site, over half the pix are in Idaho.
Click on the link that says "photo album".
As for the rest of you, see if you can find yourself or your friends in
there. Oops, need to put in a back button.. back to work.

penny

Old December 23rd 04, 05:44 AM
James Calivar

"small change" wrote in message
James Calivar wrote:
"justen" wrote in message
James Calivar wrote:
Why would it be a joke? I'm interested in moving to Idaho, and had
to start
finding out info somewhere - I was not aware of your link. I'll
check it out.

Okay, sorry. Lots of us riding nerds here in Boise.

Justen

Oh, nerds? Never mind then. I only ride with the cool crowd. ;-)

http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/pen...ing/biking.asp I just ( as in
15
minutes ago) made a photo album for my site, over half the pix are in
Idaho.
Click on the link that says "photo album".
As for the rest of you, see if you can find yourself or your friends in
there. Oops, need to put in a back button.. back to work.

penny

Thanks. Reminds me of some fo the scenery I took in while doing the San
Juan Huts trip this past summer.

OK, I'm sold. I'm moving to Idaho and becoming a nerd.

Old bike and a rider who hasn't ridden in a while Garrison Hilliard Techniques 1 August 12th 03 04:26 PM
Old bike and a rider who hasn't ridden in a while Laura Techniques 1 August 12th 03 09:54 AM
RR Boise: Mtn Biker saves Red-Tailed Hawk! djarvinen Mountain Biking 9 July 13th 03 02:09 AM