Torker LX 24"

Old June 1st 05, 06:14 PM
e39m5

Default Torker LX 24"

What can I do without breaking this unicycle?

Im getting a little too far ahead of myself but I dont want to break it
before learning the basics. I can't even freemount and I'm going off
curbs. So, what is this unicycle meant to be able to do?

e39m5

--
e39m5
e39m5's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9836

Old June 1st 05, 06:19 PM
Fuego

curbs won't hurt it, I think.

What will is anything higher than about a foot to a foot and a half,
depending on how much you weigh, how good your technique is (not too
good, if you're still learning), and various other factors. I think
you'll be fine going off curbs though.

--
Fuego - Can't say I have a brain anymore.

"Unicycling is more about the center of concentration than the center of
balance."

'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Old June 1st 05, 06:25 PM
phlegm

Just make sure you keep the cranks nice and tight. I've been riding
mine off of curbs for 6 months now, and it's fine. But beware of the
park bench calling your name.

--
phlegm - skill level e
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

Old June 1st 05, 06:36 PM
caw89

I used mine for off raoding, and i did 3 foot drops on it, without
bending anything.

--
caw89 - Cody

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old June 1st 05, 06:38 PM
Fuego

caw89 wrote:
*I used mine for off raoding, and i did 3 foot drops on it, without
bending anything. *

jeesh... Teach me your technique? please? I need to work on better
landings...

Old June 1st 05, 10:20 PM
ColDawG

yeah, 2 and a half footers were fine on mine, i guess my roll-outs were
decent
i did break it eventually though, just from repeated drops 1-foot and
higher
when you buy one of those you have to expect to break it eventually
i now have a KH 05 w/ splined cranks (duh) and am not afraid of breaking
anything: i landed a 3.5 foot drop w/ a horrible landing (i landed still
and didn't roll out OR bounce) and it was fine

--
ColDawG - Level 4 after 2 months

Looking for MUni buddies!
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old June 1st 05, 10:32 PM
e39m5

I want to save up enough money for a really nice one, this was just so I
can see if I can learn, and I'm doing pretty good.

e39m5

Old June 1st 05, 10:41 PM
heavy metal unicycling

It should be fine. I took my Torker CX off 1 foot drops alot, and it is
still ok. I don't know if my wheight helped or not, I only weigh 130.

--
heavy metal unicycling - Loveland Unicycling Club

People who throw stones at you are quietly saying, "shoot me," they're
just not being verbally expressive enough.
-harper
heavy metal unicycling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9857

Old June 2nd 05, 12:00 AM
caw89

U just have to keep hte cranks tight, and use rollouts

Torker DX question Jerad Unicycling 9 April 16th 06 04:21 AM
MRRWT...your Torker DX? jagur Unicycling 2 January 30th 05 01:35 AM
Torker DX 24 vs. Yuni 24 - Which is better? Phuni Unicycling 11 January 7th 05 08:01 PM
Torker Airsaddle on KH fluffinator007 Unicycling 7 January 16th 04 12:46 AM