Death by Prius

Old June 19th 14, 12:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Death by Prius

Sneaking up on a cyclist with a stealth assault weapon,
running him down and then fleeing the scene.

No charges filed.

http://ktla.com/2014/06/18/cyclist-5...but-not-cited/

I note with sadness that the report skips the usual
'wearing/not wearing headgear' line in favor of 'no bicycle
lane'. We've come to this...
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 19th 14, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

yes, the electics parade silence...

this one's for you

http://goo.gl/derPZI

Old June 19th 14, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 6/19/2014 7:53 AM, AMuzi wrote:
Sneaking up on a cyclist with a stealth assault weapon, running him down
and then fleeing the scene.

No charges filed.

http://ktla.com/2014/06/18/cyclist-5...but-not-cited/

I note with sadness that the report skips the usual 'wearing/not wearing
headgear' line in favor of 'no bicycle lane'. We've come to this...

This has less to do with the Prius and more to do with the driver. How
do you hit someone from behind on a clear road in broad daylight? My
guess would be that a hand held device was involved.
Old June 19th 14, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

THOUSANDS travel onto solid objects in clear daylight.....

every hour !

pick a zound ?

how about a strong

HHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S ?

Old June 19th 14, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

AMuzi writes:

Sneaking up on a cyclist with a stealth assault weapon, running him
down and then fleeing the scene.

No charges filed.

http://ktla.com/2014/06/18/cyclist-5...but-not-cited/

I note with sadness that the report skips the usual 'wearing/not
wearing headgear' line in favor of 'no bicycle lane'. We've come to
this...

Well, the cyclist was "on the right side of the roadway, 'for an unknown
reason,'”. Clearly he deserved to be run down---riding with an unknown
reason is a de facto admission of culpability. That's why I always
carry a notarized letter stating the intentions of every ride.

--
Joe Riel
Old June 19th 14, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 6/19/2014 10:47 AM, Joe Riel wrote:
AMuzi writes:

Sneaking up on a cyclist with a stealth assault weapon, running him
down and then fleeing the scene.

No charges filed.

http://ktla.com/2014/06/18/cyclist-5...but-not-cited/

I note with sadness that the report skips the usual 'wearing/not
wearing headgear' line in favor of 'no bicycle lane'. We've come to
this...

Well, the cyclist was "on the right side of the roadway, 'for an unknown
reason,'”. Clearly he deserved to be run down---riding with an unknown
reason is a de facto admission of culpability. That's why I always
carry a notarized letter stating the intentions of every ride.

Yes it was a weird article. It looks like someone was pro bike lanes
that wrote that. Or at least anti bikes on the road. Then again, maybe
they thought the rider should be in the middle of the road.

Whatever, when someone is hit from behind on a straight road it's hard
to imagine it ever to be the victim's fault.
Old June 19th 14, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

AMuzi writes:

[...]

Getting hit from behind in daylight on a clear day on a road with good visibility also happens more often than some people will admit. It also seems to be happening more frequently.

Cheers
Old June 19th 14, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

AMuzi writes:

[...]

Certainly seems so around here. I think there's little doubt that it has
to do with texting or similar distractions.
--
duane
Old June 19th 14, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Wollek
Old June 20th 14, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 06:53:54 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Sneaking up on a cyclist with a stealth assault weapon,
running him down and then fleeing the scene.

No charges filed.

http://ktla.com/2014/06/18/cyclist-5...but-not-cited/

I note with sadness that the report skips the usual
'wearing/not wearing headgear' line in favor of 'no bicycle
lane'. We've come to this...

It just goes to show how dangerous these new-fangled 'lectric cars
are. If it had been one of them big 'cicles that Frank was bitching
about the bicycle guy would have heared him coming and could have
dodged.
--
Cheers,

John B.
(gmail=invalid)

Death Wish Simon Weissel UK 71 July 8th 13 12:26 PM
Prius= "Clean Air Vehicle?" What are we then? Mike Jacoubowsky General 1 May 28th 11 02:56 AM
From 4x4 to Prius to Bike. Simon Mason UK 0 August 18th 06 12:47 PM
ANyone fail cast tender eye, death be to you, death come quickly whoreBanger Australia 0 June 3rd 06 11:47 AM
Toyota Prius 2005 bike rack zemaits General 12 April 30th 05 01:17 AM