Little Moab

Old March 19th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Little Moab

http://tinyurl.com/l4jjp

(hope I posted this hyperlink correctly???)

Little Moab:

Another popular DH mountain bike destination in the Santa Monica
Mountains--much more of a playground (1/2 mile long rock slab) than a
"ride." Almost no high flying or dropping but plently of steep
(vertical if you want) rolling on super grippy sandstone.

One thing we barely touched were the long, stone aretes (ridge lines),
some barely a tire's width, with the cliffside dropping away (15-75
feet) on both sides. We rode a few of the fatter (and lower) ones, but
the genuine saw blades, with El Capitan drops on both sides--well, we
sorta looked at those and shuddered. It was exciting just standing up
on those aretes (see image 1244). Maybe later. Maybe not . . .

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old March 19th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

that's sweet, that looks like an awsome place to ride! do u live in the
moab area? I allways say when i get older iam going to move to
moab...the biker/Muni heaven

--
musketman
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old March 20th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Could someone PLEASE post directions to this particular muni site??? It
would be most helpful to those of us trying to find good LOCAL places
to muni. Thanks!

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through.

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"!
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Old March 20th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Take the Pacific Coast Highway North into Malibu. A mile or two past
Pepperdine, take a right on Corral Canyon Road (There's a 76 station at
the entrance of the road). Drive all the way to the end of Corral
Canyon, and park in the lot. Little Moab is the trail to the right. The
trail is about 1/2 mile long, and the width of a bulldozer. You can't
miss it.

terrybigwheel wrote:
Could someone PLEASE post directions to this particular muni site??? It
would be most helpful to those of us trying to find good LOCAL places
to muni. Thanks!

--
entropy
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Old March 20th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

man...looks like a TON of fun. I wish i lived closer; i'd totally be
down for stuff like that.
-corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

Old March 20th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

terrybigwheel wrote:
Could someone PLEASE post directions to this particular muni site??? It
would be most helpful to those of us trying to find good LOCAL places
to muni. Thanks!

Terry,

Last night, I had emailed Eyal about the directions so that I could put
them up on mountainunicyclingla.com. He responded, but I haven't had
time to post it.

--
The Munieer

Rod Wylie - Email teachndad (att) gmail(dott) com

'MountainUnicyclingLA.com' (http://www.mountainunicycling.us)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greate...Angeles-Trails)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Descriptions'
(http://tinyurl.com/6h8zn)
The Munieer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/736

Old March 20th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Littler Moab is really just a dinking around practice area with a few
spooky higball rock skinnies and some (and short) steep rock slabs.

The real destination in that area is the "Wall of Dume," a crazy steep
footpath that shoots up off PCH just past the Point Dume roadside rock
climbing area, directly across PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) from the
military shooting range that's sits on the edge of the sea. There's a
good sized dirt pullout on the mountain side of PCH, and the trail
fires up from the back of this parking area. Can't miss it.

The Wall of Dume is the steepest thing in the area, is only a few feet
wide (but well traveled by fit hikers), featuring uber steep, rocky,
hairpin sections hedged in by pitiless octillo cactus gardens. Josh
took one cacti in the hand this last Sunday and it took needle-nosed
pliers to yank out the quills. There's one section we've yet to clean
in one go, fearing the speed and face first impalement.

After the boys get back from Moab (blow me down--I gotta work), we'll
the ridge the wind is strong enough to blow you into the next county.

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Moab: Which ride on Saturday? litldude2 Unicycling 23 February 7th 06 02:46 AM
DVD trailer of MOAB uni riding Seager Unicycling 8 February 3rd 06 01:23 AM
7 days in Moab danger_uni Unicycling 9 May 12th 04 04:01 PM
RR: Jeep Safari Week in Moab Mark Bockmann Mountain Biking 1 April 13th 04 01:52 PM
RR: Moab Vacation tcmedara Mountain Biking 13 November 7th 03 11:20 PM