Tirreno Adriatico, stage 7 summary

Old March 16th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Tirreno Adriatico, stage 7 summary

Stage 7 : Mar 16, Civitanova Marche - San Benedetto del Tronto, 164 km

1 Edvald Boasson Hagen c(Nor) Sky Professional Cycling Team 3.52.36
2 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini
3 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox
4 Bernhard Eisel (Aut) Team HTC - Columbia
5 Mattia Gavazzi (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox
6 Tyler Farrar (USA) Garmin - Transitions
7 Robbie Mcewen (Aus) Team Katusha
8 Baden Cooke (Aus) Team Saxo Bank
9 Yauheni Hutarovich (Blr) Francaise Des Jeux
10 Robert Hunter (RSA) Garmin - Transitions

Changes in stage 7 compared to stage 6 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+65 Yauheni Hutarovich
+1 Valerio Agnoli
+1 Tom Stamsnijder
+1 Tom Boonen
+1 Thor Hushovd
+1 Stefano Garzelli
+1 Staf Scheirlinckx
+1 Servais Knaven
+1 Serguei Klimov
+1 Sebastian Lang

Biggest losers by position :
-9 Blel Kadri
-7 Francesco Failli
-6 Stuart O'Grady
-3 Ignatas Konovalovas
-3 Kasper Klostergaard Larsen
-3 Mark Cavendish
-2 Alessandro Donati
-2 Domenik Klemme
-1 Fabian Cancellara
-1 Michele Scarponi
-1 Olivier Kaisen

Biggest gainers by time :
+46:08 Yauheni Hutarovich
+0:10 Edvald Boasson Hagen
+0:06 Alessandro Petacchi
+0:04 Sacha Modolo
+0:02 Stefano Garzelli
+0:02 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil
+0:02 Jackson Rodriguez

Biggest losers by time :
-7:27 Mark Cavendish
-6:34 Blel Kadri
-6:34 Francesco Failli
-3:33 Stuart O'Grady
-3:08 Domenik Klemme
-3:08 Kasper Klostergaard Larsen
-2:08 Fabian Cancellara
-1:57 Ignatas Konovalovas
-1:57 Mikhail Ignatiev
-1:42 Alessandro Donati
-1:16 Olivier Kaisen

Favourites by position :
+1 Stefano Garzelli
+1 Johan Van Summeren
+1 Andy Schleck
-1 Michele Scarponi
-1 Fabian Cancellara

Favourites by time :
+0:02 Stefano Garzelli
-2:08 Fabian Cancellara

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Stefano Garzelli 30.51.36
2 Michele Scarponi 0.00
3 Cadel Evans 0.12
5 Robert Gesink 0.27
8 Vincenzo Nibali 0.42
45 Franco Pellizotti 14.44
46 Kim Kirchen 14.53
78 Fabian Cancellara 43.30
82 Johan Van Summeren 47.14
83 Andy Schleck 47.27
99 Marzio Bruseghin 58.03
115 Allan Davis 1.09.00
137 Lars Ytting Bak 1.24.20

Retirements to date : Stage
Pierre Cazaux (Fra) Francaise Des Jeux 7
Andrea Masciarelli (Ita) Acqua & Sapone 6
Anthony Roux (Fra) Francaise Des Jeux 6
Bert Grabsch (Ger) Team HTC - Columbia 6
Giovanni Visconti (Ita) ISD - Neri 6
Martin Elmiger (Swi) AG2R La Mondiale 6
Mirko Selvaggi (Ita) Astana 6
Valeriy Dmitriyev (Kaz) Astana 6
Gatis Smukulis (Lat) AG2R La Mondiale 5
Linus Gerdemann (Ger) Team Milram 5
Ludovic Turpin (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 5
Rene Mandri (Est) AG2R La Mondiale 5
Arnaud Coyot (Fra) Caisse d'Epargne 4
Francesco Reda (Ita) Quick Step 4
Maarten Tjallingii (Ned) Rabobank 4
Manuel Belletti (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox 4
Aitor Hernandez Gutierrez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 3
Fabian Wegmann (Ger) Team Milram 3
Johannes Frohlinger (Ger) Team Milram 3
Leif Hoste (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto 3
Leonardo Scarselli (Ita) ISD - Neri 3
Jussi Veikkanen (Fin) Francaise Des Jeux 1
Massimo Giunti (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 1
Total retirements : 23

Old March 17th 10, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Stage 7 : Mar 16, Civitanova Marche - San Benedetto del Tronto, 164 km

1 Edvald Boasson Hagen c(Nor) Sky Professional Cycling Team
3.52.36
2 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini

3 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox

4 Bernhard Eisel (Aut) Team HTC - Columbia

5 Mattia Gavazzi (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox

6 Tyler Farrar (USA) Garmin - Transitions

7 Robbie Mcewen (Aus) Team Katusha

8 Baden Cooke (Aus) Team Saxo Bank

9 Yauheni Hutarovich (Blr) Francaise Des Jeux

10 Robert Hunter (RSA) Garmin - Transitions

Given that Cav is in this race, the top-ten here was so weird I had to
look up the race report.

OK, eliminated by a crash with 8k to go. Not explained is how Ale-jet,
Farrrar, and McEwen, (and even Baden Cooke) got run down by people I
have ever heard of. But should probably pay more attention to in the
future.

OTOH, Garzelli's overall vaulted me up to 39/446 in Virtual DS:

http://www.podiumcafevds.com/teams.php

I didn't even remember I'd drafted Garzelli. I think I probably overpaid
for him, but he's my top earner right now.

http://www.podiumcafevds.com/teams.php?id=368

I drafted Danny Pate?!

Old March 17th 10, 10:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas Fred

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
OK, eliminated by a crash with 8k to go. Not explained is how Ale-jet,
Farrrar, and McEwen, (and even Baden Cooke) got run down by people I
have ever heard of. But should probably pay more attention to in the
future.

EBH was all over the road. He put his head down and either didn't see
anything, like Abdu in his best days, or he felt Petacchi coming up on
his left and deliberately closed the door. Anyway, he drifted to the
left, squeezing Petacchi & Farrar into the barriers. Very nasty crash
narrowly avoided. After they had braked and Petacchi came around on the
right, EBH immediately started drifting right, again pushing Petacchi
out. Sporza co-commentator Tom Steels noted that Fast Eddy did the same
thing last year on a stage of the Eneco Tour. He's not making friends.
Surprising, really, for a Team Sky rider; they're all such adorable
characters!

Vid: http://nl.tinypic.com/m/9h2dxv/1

Old March 18th 10, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article me.nl,
"A. Dumas Fred" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

That was a pretty sketchy sprint. I don't know that the second move cost
Ale-jet much, but the first forced him to stop pedaling. I've seen
relegations for less.

Sprinting is an iterative prisoner's dilemma. EBH may learn this the
hard way.