Bitter irony on 774AM

Old September 1st 05, 12:14 AM
flyingdutch

Default Bitter irony on 774AM

Mr Faine says thank you to Hillary Harper(?) for giving the traffic
report update and then asks her if she rode in today! she always does
apparently...

--
flyingdutch

Old September 1st 05, 01:40 AM
cfsmtb

flyingdutch Wrote:
Mr Faine says thank you to Hillary Harper(?) for giving the traffic
report update and then asks her if she rode in today! she always does
apparently...

Yeah, heard that. We should ask Hillary for a expanded RR of her
morning commute. I'll get onto it!

--
cfsmtb

Old September 1st 05, 01:47 AM
cfsmtb

Just fired this off:
http://www.abc.net.au/melbourne/contact.htm

-Hi,
As a longtime listener to the Morning program I was wondering if it was
possible for Hillary Harper to give a "Ride Report" of her morning
commute into 774?

As a cyclist I would find this an invaluable service. As more people
are utilising cycling a form of sustainable transport et al, providing
a commentary on her morning commute would give the Drive Report a more
well-rounded perspective for all of Melbournes commuters.

cheers,
xxxxxxx-

--
cfsmtb

Old September 1st 05, 02:03 AM
EuanB

cfsmtb Wrote:
Just fired this off:
http://www.abc.net.au/melbourne/contact.htm

-Hi,-
-As a longtime listener to the Morning program I was wondering if it
was possible for Hillary Harper to give a "Ride Report" of her morning
commute into 774? -

-As a cyclist I would find this an invaluable service. As more people
are utilising cycling a form of sustainable transport et al, providing
a commentary on her morning commute would give the Drive Report a more
well-rounded perspective for all of Melbournes commuters.-

-cheers,-
-xxxxxxx-

Dagnamit, does this mean I'm going to have to ressurect my portable
radio?

--
EuanB

Old September 1st 05, 02:09 AM
cfsmtb

EuanB Wrote:
Dagnamit, does this mean I'm going to have to ressurect my portable
radio?

LOL! I've got one of those super crappy 'bike' radios that mounts onto
the bars. But the Doppler Effect possibly mars the listening
experience...

--
cfsmtb

Old September 1st 05, 02:35 AM
flyingdutch

cfsmtb Wrote:

-Hi,
As a longtime listener to the Morning program I was wondering if it was
possible for Hillary Harper to give a "Ride Report" of her morning
commute into 774?

As a cyclist I would find this an invaluable service. As more people
are utilising cycling a form of sustainable transport et al, providing
a commentary on her morning commute would give the Drive Report a more
well-rounded perspective for all of Melbournes commuters.

cheers,
xxxxxxx-

Hah!
one morning last year i heard Mr Faine whine about how the previous day
he had witnessed a 'lycra lout' racing down Studley Park Rd approaching
the river "Like he was in the TourdeFrance" (whatever that means
support cars perhaps???)
So i rang in and asked him (on air).
John stated that the cyclist was riding at least one metre off the
curb!
So when i asked him exactly what section of the road he was referring
to I pointed out there was actually an EBL there and that just over a
metre off the curb placed the cyclist in the cente of it!
Silence, grunt... "Oh, but he was tucked down trying to go as fast as
possible..."
"As you passed by?" i enquired...
"yyyessss" (Johnny obviously realising he was digging himslef into a
stupid position)
"So he wasnt speeding then presumably?"
"Well, that's not the point... He was going really fast..."

"In the bike lane?
Not in your way, John??
Do you actually have a POINT, John???"

cuts me off...

"Yes, well. thank you for that 'perspective', 'FD' from NB..."

--
flyingdutch

Old September 1st 05, 02:40 AM
cfsmtb

flyingdutch Wrote:
[...]

Ah, but you miss a vital point.... we must keep striving to alter these
crappy perspections.

Naive? possibly.
Pointless? not really.
Win/Win Situation? Possible if we keep badgering them.

--
cfsmtb

Old September 1st 05, 03:48 AM
Graeme Dods

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:09:59 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

LOL! I've got one of those super crappy 'bike' radios that mounts onto
the bars. But the Doppler Effect possibly mars the listening
experience...

Surely only if you've parted company with your bike? :-O

Graeme
Old September 1st 05, 04:06 AM
Bob

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

[...]

priceless. would love to hear that. did you get a recording of it?

Old September 1st 05, 04:29 AM
EuanB

flyingdutch Wrote:

So i rang in and asked him (on air).
John stated that the cyclist was riding at least one metre off the
curb!

If you have access to a Melways, check out page 592 which is a page
about cycling. One of the reccomendations is for cyclists to cycle
``approximately a meter'' from parked cars.

--
EuanB

Biking w/o Cindy Sheehan Robert Chung Racing 269 September 11th 05 01:19 PM
Irony is so.... appkiller General 23 August 11th 05 09:51 PM
Irony Bob Schwartz Racing 3 July 1st 05 07:04 AM
Irony sabin_a. Unicycling 15 October 11th 03 10:32 PM
Where are the Cipo lovers? Vuelta/Le Tour irony. ronde chumpion Racing 5 September 6th 03 02:59 PM