Nipple to nipple

Old September 9th 04, 05:04 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article , says...
Strolling around the bike-stuff websites, I came upon these
wheels:
http://tinyurl.com/6e5hq
The significant feature is that the spokes go from one nipple,
through the hub, to a nipple on the other side of the rim.
At least, that's what the text says. The pictures aren't
saying that.
The claim is that it increases stiffness.
Now, I have two problems with this design.
1. The spoke starts out bent due to the dishing on either
side of the hub.
2. If the spoke really is a single unit from nipple to
nipple, doesn't acceleration bend it?

It is a kevlar thread, so bending is not a problem.
------------
Alex

Old September 9th 04, 07:09 PM
g.daniels

maybe it'll catch on?
or maybe there's no need for it
but loaded touring? spokes break.
i broke one this morning turning a 40 pound load onto a cambered turn
hotdoogging moving my weight up onto the front wheel. I get good at
trueing 35 on the road.
but if you gander thru colorado cyclists wheel pages: the topo wheels
appear logical.
or more logical than the campo carboncarbon

21st century bicycle wheels!! if everyone had one what would the price
be?