uk bikes steel frame

Old September 9th 04, 07:41 AM
Sparky AKA_Sparkticus

Default uk bikes steel frame

Hi does any one know of a uk supplier of steel framed touring bikes who have
a good but not over priced.

I am looking for a bike that will be used to cycle navigate the world over a
ten + years
it needs to be steel as i have heard aluminium is harder to get fixed in
some country's..

Sparky

Old September 11th 04, 07:47 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Kyle.B.H wrote:

Thorn - specializing in 26" touring bikes and exactly your application.

www.sjscycles.com

IMO they *are* rather overpriced...and I have one.

The OP can't go far wrong with a Dawes Super Galaxy:
http://www.dawes-cycles.co.uk/bikes/supergalaxy.html

It's about 200 quid cheaper than a similarly-equipped Thorn.
Old September 11th 04, 09:34 PM
Martin Goldstein

You should check out www.hewittcheviot.co.uk for a reasonable and well
received tourer. They also have other models.

Be well.

Martin
Old September 11th 04, 09:47 PM
Triodelover

Sparky AKA_Sparkticus Wrote:
Hi does any one know of a uk supplier of steel framed touring bikes who
have
a good but not over priced.

I am looking for a bike that will be used to cycle navigate the world
over a
ten + years
it needs to be steel as i have heard aluminium is harder to get fixed
in
some country's..

Sparky

Well, if it were me, I'd get a 'Mercian'
(http://www.merciancycles.com/). Classic lugged frame, several frames
available in touring geometries, choice of Reynolds 631,725 or 853
tubesets. The Audax Special is £330 (frame and fork) in Reynolds 631.

--
Triodelover

Old September 12th 04, 10:01 AM
Sparky AKA_Sparkticus