Cycle club out on a run comes home one short

Old April 24th 12, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Cycle club out on a run comes home one short

I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...r-24042012.htm

Old April 24th 12, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 24, 11:45*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...killed-in-coll...

Are you an idiot? Do you really think anyone has ever claimed that
riding as part of a group makes you immune to being run over?

Go wave your shroud somewhere else.
Old April 24th 12, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

PhilO wrote:
On Apr 24, 11:45 am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
I thought it was claimed there is safety in numbers when cycling?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...killed-in-coll...

Are you an idiot? Do you really think anyone has ever claimed that
riding as part of a group makes you immune to being run over?

Go wave your shroud somewhere else.

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries of
'Pitiful Mess' . Certainly Doug has said so.

Old April 24th 12, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 24, 1:46*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries of
'Pitiful Mess' . *Certainly Doug has said so.

And you really thought that mean you were immune to being run over if
you were in a group?

I have a very low opinion of you, but it wasn't that low.
Old April 24th 12, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

PhilO wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:46 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries
of 'Pitiful Mess' . Certainly Doug has said so.

And you really thought that mean you were immune to being run over if
you were in a group?

I have a very low opinion of you, but it wasn't that low.

My fear was that cyclists would believe it, and their road sense would
decrease further.

Old April 25th 12, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 24, 3:33*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

My fear was that cyclists would believe it, and their road sense would
decrease further.

Believe what? That riding in a group makes you immue from being run
over?
Nobody (other than you) has ever claimed that.

If you are worried about cyclists believing it, don't say it!
Old April 24th 12, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 24/04/2012 14:20, PhilO wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:46 pm, wrote:

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries of
'Pitiful Mess' . Certainly Doug has said so.

And you really thought that mean you were immune to being run over if
you were in a group?

That's almost exactly what we have been told...

I have a very low opinion of you, but it wasn't that low.

But you are a cyclists - so nobody gives a toss about your opinion
University
Old April 25th 12, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Apr 24, 1:46 pm, wrote:

I understood that 'safety in numbers' was one of the rallying cries of
'Pitiful Mess' . Certainly Doug has said so.

And you really thought that mean you were immune to being run over if
you were in a group?

That's almost exactly what we have been told...

I have a very low opinion of you, but it wasn't that low.

But you are a cyclists - so nobody gives a toss about your opinion

You obviously do.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old April 25th 12, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 24, 6:07*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
..

And you really thought that mean you were immune to being run over if
you were in a group?

That's almost exactly what we have been told...

And you'll happily show who and where that was stated?

Nobody (apart from Cheerless) has ever claimed that riding in a group
makes you immune from being run over.

I'm happy to call you an idiot for stating that people have made that
claim.

Prove me wrong.

Old April 25th 12, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 24, 6:07*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
University

A more up to date view from Dave Horton is:
"I believe cycling can be the most important and popular means of
mobility on our planet, accounting for well over half of all journeys
in all societies."
http://thinkingaboutcycling.wordpress.com/about/

Are you sure you're not mis-representing his views?

Creating a new cycle club Oaf UK 76 November 19th 07 04:38 PM
School Cycle Maintenance Club (again) Tony B UK 7 February 3rd 07 05:17 PM
School Cycle Maintenance Club??? Tony B UK 5 February 3rd 07 05:15 PM
What a lovely cycle home i had last night! Lee UK 3 March 31st 04 03:49 PM
Cycle Club Lee UK 13 November 6th 03 09:34 AM