There oughta be a law...

Old August 30th 04, 12:37 AM
Richard Adams

Default There oughta be a law...

When pros show up for weekend group rides, they should have to wear a
tag announcing their presense. Yesterday fscking hurt!

Old August 30th 04, 02:12 AM
Dave H

"Richard Adams" wrote in message
When pros show up for weekend group rides, they should have to wear a
tag announcing their presense. Yesterday fscking hurt!

What?, the Team Kit didn't give you a clue?
Dave

Old August 30th 04, 03:59 AM
Richard Adams

Dave H wrote:
"Richard Adams" wrote in message

When pros show up for weekend group rides, they should have to wear a
tag announcing their presense. Yesterday fscking hurt!

What?, the Team Kit didn't give you a clue?
Dave

Freds wear kit, too. We had a massive group on Sat. and I figured at
least one was a fair weather rider, though the bike suggested at least
one pro might have turned out. There were at least 5, one a national
champ. Afterward I felt kinda duped, having taken pulls for people who
could kick my butt any time they pleased.

Old August 30th 04, 06:26 AM
Ro

Richard Adams wrote:
Dave H wrote:
"Richard Adams" wrote in message

When pros show up for weekend group rides, they should have to wear a
tag announcing their presense. Yesterday fscking hurt!

What?, the Team Kit didn't give you a clue?
Dave

Freds wear kit, too. We had a massive group on Sat. and I figured at
least one was a fair weather rider, though the bike suggested at least
one pro might have turned out. There were at least 5, one a national
champ. Afterward I felt kinda duped, having taken pulls for people who could kick my butt any time they pleased.

If I could only take a turn for any pro! Wouldn't worry me and just riding with pro's make you a beter rider, if you use the ride wisely.
Just my opinion, as I ride with some ex-pro's and am getting better albeit slowly.
Ro

Old August 30th 04, 03:09 PM
Richard Adams

Ro wrote:
Richard Adams wrote:

Dave H wrote:

"Richard Adams" wrote in message

When pros show up for weekend group rides, they should have to wear a
tag announcing their presense. Yesterday fscking hurt!

What?, the Team Kit didn't give you a clue?

Dave

Freds wear kit, too. We had a massive group on Sat. and I figured at
least one was a fair weather rider, though the bike suggested at least
one pro might have turned out. There were at least 5, one a national
champ. Afterward I felt kinda duped, having taken pulls for people who could kick my butt any time they pleased.

If I could only take a turn for any pro! Wouldn't worry me and just riding with pro's make you a beter rider, if you use the ride wisely.
Just my opinion, as I ride with some ex-pro's and am getting better albeit slowly.
Ro

It would help to know there are those present who can, and will be
shreading the group, so you can plan to ride a bit more conservatively.
I don't like to be a wheel sucker and don't mind taking pulls in
turn, but I tend to burn out faster than your average pro.

Now I'm off to ride the desk for 8 hours :-\

It was still a good weekend and I managed 3 good rides over 4 days.

Old August 31st 04, 07:25 AM
gwhite

Richard Adams wrote:

When pros show up for weekend group rides, they should have to wear a
tag announcing their presense. Yesterday fscking hurt!

You only have to make it to Beach Street whereafter they cruise thru town -- by
then you should have bought, borrowed, or stole a clue. The only obstacle is
tiny Sheriff's Hill, and if you can't get over that.... Well, as Ed Price used
to say, "if you can't keep up, we don't want you."

Old September 1st 04, 02:36 AM
Richard Adams

gwhite wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

When pros show up for weekend group rides, they should have to wear a
tag announcing their presense. Yesterday fscking hurt!

You only have to make it to Beach Street whereafter they cruise thru town -- by
then you should have bought, borrowed, or stole a clue. The only obstacle is
tiny Sheriff's Hill, and if you can't get over that.... Well, as Ed Price used
to say, "if you can't keep up, we don't want you."

You shouldn't let Ed talk to you like that. ;-)