h*lm*t standards where's the web site?

Old August 17th 05, 02:50 PM
Bryan

Default h*lm*t standards where's the web site?

Sorry for mentioning the H word, bt my trawling can;t find the web sit
or teh original post.

A while ago, Guy I believe posted a link to a web site that liste
loads of helmets and the standards that they actually passed. I'd lik
to find it again, so if anyone knows where it is please post it again.
On teh same subject , I think from when I lat looked that it wa
basically only Specialiazed helmets that passed the SNELL B95 standard
is this still the case?

Thanks

Brya

--
Bryan

Old August 17th 05, 03:52 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:50:30 +1000, the person
known to the court as Bryan
made a statement
in Your Honour's
bundle) to the following effect:

A while ago, Guy I believe posted a link to a web site that listed
loads of helmets and the standards that they actually passed. I'd like
to find it again, so if anyone knows where it is please post it again.
On teh same subject , I think from when I lat looked that it was
basically only Specialiazed helmets that passed the SNELL B95 standard,
is this still the case?

There was a report in Cycle which listed some, but the site with the
list of helmets which pass Snell is http://www.smf.org

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old August 17th 05, 04:40 PM
Mark Thompson

There was a report in Cycle which listed some, but the site with the
list of helmets which pass Snell is http://www.smf.org

IIRC the bloke said he was only aware of specialized helmets in this
country having passed, and asked if anyone knew different.
Old August 17th 05, 05:06 PM
Bryan

Just zis Guy, you know? Wrote:
I submit that on or about Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:50:30 +1000, the person
known to the court as Bryan
made a statement
in Your Honour's
bundle) to the following effect:

A while ago, Guy I believe posted a link to a web site that listed
loads of helmets and the standards that they actually passed. I'

like
to find it again, so if anyone knows where it is please post i

again.
On teh same subject , I think from when I lat looked that it was
basically only Specialiazed helmets that passed the SNELL B9

standard,
is this still the case?

There was a report in Cycle which listed some, but the site with the
list of helmets which pass Snell is http://www.smf.org

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Thanks Guy

--
Bryan

Old August 17th 05, 11:11 PM
John_Kane

Bryan wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? Wrote:
[...]

Thanks Guy.

I get the impression that a lot of helmets are nolonger certifying with
Snell as apparently the USA has made CPSC certification manditory. This
is second hand however and may not be accurate.

John Kane
Kingston ON

Old August 18th 05, 09:52 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about 17 Aug 2005 15:11:06 -0700, the person known
to the court as "John_Kane" made a
statement s.com in
Your Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

I get the impression that a lot of helmets are nolonger certifying with
Snell as apparently the USA has made CPSC certification manditory. This
is second hand however and may not be accurate.

Most are not certified Snell any more because other, lower standards
are available. Bell in particular no longer uses Snell (hence also
Giro, part of Bell). It's not because CPSC is mandatory, since any
Snell lid also passes CPSC by default; CPSC is self-certified but
Snell is externally verified, more stringent, and traceable by
batch/lot number (i.e. more admin). It's also true that the industry
(again mainly Bell) were the main drivers behind the lower standards.

Here's the Cycle article: http://www.cyclehelmets.org/papers/c2023.pdf

Guy