Phone rings through Hands Free earphone

Old March 7th 14, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Phone rings through Hands Free earphone

I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old March 7th 14, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

John B. wrote:
I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

Did you try muting the phone and putting it on vibrate?

--
duane
Old March 7th 14, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/7/2014 7:57 AM, John B. wrote:
I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

I solved that problem elegantly:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/newfon.jpg

YMMV.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 7th 14, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/#q=rectal+electrode&tbm=shop
Old March 7th 14, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
On 3/7/2014 7:57 AM, John B. wrote:
I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

I solved that problem elegantly:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/newfon.jpg

YMMV.

I assumed this solution had been considered and discarded. It would
obviously be the first choice.
--
duane
Old March 7th 14, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Martin Riddle

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 20:57:49 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

They all do

It's the bluetooth head set that is the problem.

Cheers
Old March 8th 14, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:24:06 -0500, Martin Riddle
wrote:

It's the bluetooth head set that is the problem.
Cheers

Good point. The stick it in your ear variety don't ring in your ear.
However, the visor mount variety does ring. I have one of these in
the car:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111246430149
It announces "incoming call" or something like that. However, it's
not water resistant and developed a bad case if intermittent push
bottoms after about a year in the car. Caveat Emptor.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old March 8th 14, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

AE6KS -

http://www.grainger.com/product/BLUE...PY2?s_pp=false

a winner...you know those G%##@!XX))+= Omega alarm plugs ? q tip CHOH/3M 33 tape/pourin red magic.

electrical tape on remove able seamed covers..... XP 20

Old March 8th 14, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

They all do

It's the bluetooth head set that is the problem.

Cheers

The Galaxy S II doesn't ring through the supplied (wire) hands-free
device :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old March 8th 14, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:35:24 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 3/7/2014 7:57 AM, John B. wrote:
I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

I solved that problem elegantly:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/newfon.jpg

YMMV.

That is one solution, however...

A couple of years ago I crashed and broke my pelvis, which in turn
resulted in a month in the hospital and a period of hopping around on
crutches and a certain amount of pain and loss of motion.

This, in turn, causes my wife to worry if I decide to take the long
way round and am a bit later getting home then expected. Having been
educated by the grand-kids my wife expects the entire world to be at
the other end of a cellular hand phone (just use this number and you
can talk to California) and when I don't answer SOMETHING MUST BE
WRONG!

When my wife worries her emotions seem to veer between worry about her
poor old husband who may be laying, broken and bloody on the road, and
"WHY DOESN'T THAT S.O.B. ANSWER HIS PHONE!" and by the time I arrive
at the manse the latter attitude seems to predominate and instead of a
relaxing shower and snack I get an ear full.

Answering the phone seems to be, far and away, the most elegant
solution.... if I can just figure out how :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.