Why is this group being over-moderated?

Old March 16th 14, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
spincircles[_2_]

Default Why is this group being over-moderated?

I posted a simple question regarding sources for old Equipe Pro Time cleats, and a moderator removed the post. Seriously, does this group have so much traffic that a tech enthusiast cant ask within the group where to find some hard to OLD technology.

I can't imagine a better place to ask. Only in a group like this would there be a large enough # of equipment tech-focused cyclists that would still remember what these were.

FYI, I've probably been on this group longer and made as many contributions that most anyone still on here, even accounting for my 8-10 year absence.

Spincircles
Old March 16th 14, 09:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 17/03/14 08:29, spincircles wrote:
I posted a simple question regarding sources for old Equipe Pro Time
cleats, and a moderator removed the post. Seriously, does this group
have so much traffic that a tech enthusiast cant ask within the group
where to find some hard to OLD technology.

I can't imagine a better place to ask. Only in a group like this
would there be a large enough # of equipment tech-focused cyclists
that would still remember what these were.

FYI, I've probably been on this group longer and made as many
contributions that most anyone still on here, even accounting for my
8-10 year absence.

Spincircles

I didn't know there was a moderator!

--
JS
Old March 16th 14, 09:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
spincircles[_2_]

A Muzi is the only long time member I recognize on this group. Hey, kids, Keep over-moderating comments and questions from senior members and you are going to loose a lot of experience and perspective.

Spincircles

(Snip)

Old March 16th 14, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
spincircles[_2_]

Maybe "moderator" Is the wrong term. Member "x" apparently flagged my question for abuse of the group, so my post was hidden. Who is this guy/gal? Would he care to explain his thoughts?

Old March 16th 14, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, March 16, 2014 5:29:10 PM UTC-4, spincircles wrote:
I posted a simple question regarding sources for old Equipe Pro Time cleats, and a moderator removed the post. Seriously, does this group have so much traffic that a tech enthusiast cant ask within the group where to find some hard to OLD technology.

I can't imagine a better place to ask. Only in a group like this would there be a large enough # of equipment tech-focused cyclists that would still remember what these were.

FYI, I've probably been on this group longer and made as many contributions that most anyone still on here, even accounting for my 8-10 year absence.

Spincircles

It's a Usenet group and is totally unmoderated as you can see by the number of spammers who post unless you filter/killfile them.

Cheers
Old March 16th 14, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
spincircles[_2_]

There is, apparently, a way to report or flag abusive posts and have them hidden. That is what happened to mine, which was titled "Where to find old style Time road cleats (equipe pro)?"

I can still see my post, probably because *I* Posted it, but it includes a note that indicates that it was hidden from the group because it was flagged for abuse.

ironically member "X", who responded to it to indicate it was trash, and who probably flagged it, has a recent history of posting junk t this group that does not relate to cycling.

How do we flag topics on this group?
Old March 16th 14, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

spincircles writes:

There is, apparently, a way to report or flag abusive posts and have them hidden. That is what happened to mine, which was titled "Where to find old style Time road cleats (equipe pro)?"

I can still see my post, probably because *I* Posted it, but it includes a note that indicates that it was hidden from the group because it was flagged for abuse.

The post still exists; I saw the original and can still get to it.
I use the eternal-september news feed, not google news.

--
Joe Riel
Old March 16th 14, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:09:35 PM UTC-4, spincircles wrote:
There is, apparently, a way to report or flag abusive posts and have them hidden. That is what happened to mine, which was titled "Where to find old style Time road cleats (equipe pro)?"

I can still see my post, probably because *I* Posted it, but it includes a note that indicates that it was hidden from the group because it was flagged for abuse.

ironically member "X", who responded to it to indicate it was trash, and who probably flagged it, has a recent history of posting junk t this group that does not relate to cycling.

How do we flag topics on this group?

I just viewed the group on Google and your original Time Cleats post is still there. There's one reply from X that's totally unrelated to your post. That post of X's is proof the group is not moderated.

BTW, can you link to the type of cleat you're looking for as might have some you can have. They're Time but I'm not sure what kind.

Cheers

From: spincircles
Subject: Where to find old style Time road cleats (equipe pro)?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech

Where to find old style Time road cleats (equipe pro)?

BTW: WOW! This group is still active!!!! I have not been on here for YEARS!!!

It's still there. No moderation, no flagging.

Your problem is that you're using Google's miserable apology for a
newsreader. Get rid of that by getting an actual newsreader and a
proper news account, and you'll have no more trouble. Eternal September
is free and reliable.

Sorry, I don't know where to find old style Time cleats.

Mike

Old March 16th 14, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
spincircles[_2_]

Thanks, all,

I'll take a look Eternal September.