Ultegra10 BB clicking noise help

Old July 20th 05, 10:48 PM
BarryG

Default Ultegra10 BB clicking noise help

I just changed my Ultegra10 6603 cranks out from a 172.5 to a 165. Now
there's a slight clicking noise that wasn't there before. I believe
everything was installed properly, using a Park BBT-9. Was looking for some
helpful advice.

Also can someone confirm that the collar/ring that goes on the axle at the
drive side should have the side with the segmented gaps toward the crank?
Finally, can the bearings be repacked? If so, advice on removing the seals?

Thanks for any help,
Barry

Old July 21st 05, 01:43 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

BarryG wrote:
I just changed my Ultegra10 6603 cranks out from a 172.5 to a 165. Now
there's a slight clicking noise that wasn't there before. I believe
everything was installed properly, using a Park BBT-9. Was looking for some
helpful advice.

Also can someone confirm that the collar/ring that goes on the axle at the
drive side should have the side with the segmented gaps toward the crank?
Finally, can the bearings be repacked? If so, advice on removing the seals?

Thanks for any help,
Barry

Prep the frame?
Lots of grease into the shell?
Cups in tight?
Grease onto the BB spindle?
Crank 'pushed' on with the little plastic tool?
Pinch bolts to torque?

Pedals greased and tight into the cranks?

Bearings are throwaway, not replaceable inside the cups.

Old July 22nd 05, 02:55 AM
BarryG

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
ups.com...

BarryG wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the good advice. Yes on all counts and I completely reassembled
the crank/bb to be sure. I now suspect a misdiagnosis originally. I had
also swapped out the top 3 cog cluster on the cassette from 21-23-25 to
21-24-27 and believe that some of the clicking/creaking may be coming from
that cog group. The noise is really bad when climbing hard in the 21 cog.

clicking noise at 8 oclock anerobic Techniques 4 December 9th 04 04:43 PM
A quite strange clicking noise.. lleberg Unicycling 9 November 23rd 04 06:12 AM
Unexpected Solution to 'clicking' noise Gwyn Oakley UK 13 April 21st 04 10:52 PM
Annoying Clicking noise Lee UK 15 December 21st 03 08:39 PM
Clicking noise when pedalling Turkey Tickler UK 15 September 16th 03 07:03 PM