How do councils get away with this nonsense?

Old March 12th 19, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

Default How do councils get away with this nonsense?

Cyclists seem to like these new-age roads - what do you lot think of the below? And of a neighbouring road where they've actually put up signs telling cyclists to commit suicide by cycling up a one way street the other way, where drivers aren't expecting them.

From: "Peter Hucker" To: te: 11/03/2019 18:25Subject: Dangerous junction near Clackmannan primary school

The junction near Clackmannan primary school has recently been "upgraded" and now has no markings on the road, I assumed these just hadn't been got round to yet, but they still aren't there after a year or two. I've driven through this junction from all directions, and almost every time I encounter a car coming from another entrance, nobody knows who has priority. Could you please paint some give way lines before a child is killed? It's a t-junction of sorts, but the junction has been made so all entrances are 60 degrees from each other, so it's not clear at all who is to stop for who! I've seen cars from all three directions just driving straight through assuming I'm going to stop for them. This is a very stupidly designed junction, especially considering the kids nearby.

Councils do listen to requests. Simon Mason[_4_] UK 15 August 6th 11 09:30 AM
Councils paid per m of cycle lane? naked_draughtsman UK 4 February 27th 08 07:07 PM
Flippin' councils Paul Boyd UK 4 March 9th 07 09:58 AM
More nonsense from MV JP Mountain Biking 1 May 1st 05 06:19 PM
Cycle Un-friendly Councils iarocu UK 89 December 30th 03 08:41 PM