Can I just turn up??

Old June 18th 05, 05:09 PM
TrailRat

Default Can I just turn up??

Hi guys,

I know the London - Brighton ride is organized hence limited space. But
I was wondering wether I could just turn up and ride.

If so what time would I have to be at the common, it is clapham common
right? Any one fancy meeting me there. Only found out today that the
ride was tommorow but I'm in reasonably good nick and the bike has just
had it's service.

TR

Old June 18th 05, 05:33 PM
p.k.

TrailRat wrote:
Hi guys,

I know the London - Brighton ride is organized hence limited space.
But I was wondering wether I could just turn up and ride.

If so what time would I have to be at the common, it is clapham common
right? Any one fancy meeting me there. Only found out today that the
ride was tommorow but I'm in reasonably good nick and the bike has
just had it's service.

TR

Officailly, No! Only advance entries

Officailly, Yes! they do take entries on the day but do not publicise the
fact.

Unofficaially, Yes, but don't! - many join the ride just after the start
and peel off just before the end.

pk

Old June 18th 05, 05:38 PM
TrailRat

and how much is it to enter on the day?

TR

Old June 18th 05, 06:54 PM
congokid

In message . com,
TrailRat writes
Hi guys,

I know the London - Brighton ride is organized hence limited space. But
I was wondering wether I could just turn up and ride.

If so what time would I have to be at the common, it is clapham common
right? Any one fancy meeting me there. Only found out today that the
ride was tommorow but I'm in reasonably good nick and the bike has just
had it's service.

When I took part (back in late 80s and early 90s), I was officially
registered to do so, but on both occasions rather than face the huge
crush in Clapham Common, I just set off from a few streets away from the
park. No one checked on me from start to finish, so I'd say there's
nothing to stop anyone joining in if they want.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google