Mayo commits a MAJOR faux paux!!

Old June 10th 04, 10:22 PM
Ronde Champ

Default Mayo commits a MAJOR faux paux!!

Hey,

This photo (http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...results/stage4)
will be the death of Mayo at Le Alpe d'Huez in the Tour de France.

It is the baseball equivelant of standing at the plate and watching
one of your home runs. In the Major Leagues, young guys will do that,
and it is a major sign of disrespect to a veteran pitcher. It usually
is remembered next time at the plate.

Mayo should have just kept his head down in a workmanlike respectful
manner.

Too bad. Now Lance will take the exact time out of Mayo in the next
uphill TT, as a way to send a message. Jordan used to do that with
points in the NBA. He'd school someone by the same number points, if
they ever got to boastful after a good performance. Very effective.

Thanks,
Ronde Champ (going to my first Tour de France in 2004!)
Old June 11th 04, 02:11 AM
Stewart Fleming

Ronde Champ wrote:

Ronde Champ (going to my first Tour de France in 2004!)

That much is obvious.

Old June 11th 04, 04:39 PM
K. J. Papai

Stewart Fleming wrote ...
Ronde Champ wrote:

Ronde Champ (going to my first Tour de France in 2004!)

That much is obvious.

I thought you and Tom hung out together for a bit
at the Tour 2000? Am I not wrong? I am still jealous.

-Ken
Old June 11th 04, 02:36 AM
Shussbar

Thanks,
Ronde Champ (going to my first Tour de France in 2004!)

oh, I see. Where are you going ?
Old June 11th 04, 03:36 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 06/10/2004 03:22 PM, in article
, "Ronde Champ"
wrote:

Hey,

This photo
(
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...=results/stage
4)
will be the death of Mayo at Le Alpe d'Huez in the Tour de France.

Lots of photos on that page chimpchampchump ... To which are you referring?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old June 11th 04, 04:22 AM
Carl Sundquist

, "Ronde Champ"
wrote:

Hey,

This photo

(
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...id=results/sta
[...]

Admit it Kunich. This idiot makes the real RC look good by comparison.