Mule trailer

Old August 19th 08, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bill

Default Mule trailer

I recently bought myself a Mule trailer, one that's sold under a variety of
names, mine is a Phillips! I have used it for shopping a few times, (I only
shop for one), and been down to the dump when I have had less than a
carload. I really bought it to carry either camping or fishing gear, or
both, but at the moment I am just getting used to towing it.

What I have found interesting is that drivers behind me seem to wait more
for a wider stretch of road before overtaking, and they also give me a bit
more room, even though the trailer is actually not much wider then my
handlebars, requiring in fact hardly any extra width.

I am enjoying the trailer, it is certainly opening up a new dimension for
me. Also people keep stopping and talking when I am stationary.

Bill

Old August 19th 08, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Great Eastern

Bill wrote:
I am enjoying the trailer, it is certainly opening up a new dimension for
me. Also people keep stopping and talking when I am stationary.

I have one, although mine is Avenir branded.

I've pushed it to the limits as well - frequently for the last 2 years
and its held up amazing well for the price.

The only thing I have replaced is the hitch for one of the Carry
Freedom hitches to connect it to the rear axel rather than that clumsy
thing which attaches to the chainstay. (and kept falling off)

I've also noticed the same with drivers and overtaking!

Mule trailer Brian G UK 0 July 30th 07 12:34 PM
Got My Mule!! trials_uni Unicycling 9 May 20th 06 01:22 AM
Got My Mule!! Jerrick Unicycling 0 May 19th 06 08:05 PM
My MULE arrived! dgk General 0 January 25th 06 05:33 PM
Camelback MULE: '04 vs. '05? Kovie Techniques 2 August 22nd 05 06:13 AM